How the TV License Should Be Renovated.
- Give it a new title ("TV License" sounds dated).
- New price and more competitive (Netflix U.K. costs £83.88 yearly whereas TVL costs £157.50)
- Each customer gets a unique barcode to use on iPlayer.
- Make it clear who has to pay (a lot, A LOT of people think if you have a TV then you need to pay — To be fair, it's stated on the website clear as day, but hardly anyone reads it.) https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one
- With these implementations, non-TVL users can access BBC's website, but with ads while paid users get it ad-free (obviously).
TVL is slowly dying and they know they have to change their ways as they just can't compete with the streaming services out there. Unless for the hardcore BBC fans (I never watch, read or hear BBC so I couldn't care less about their content). https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/thousands-cancel-tv-licences/ar-BB13T1x7
Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community