Aldi Deals & Discounts
All our Aldi Deals and Offers for December 2018
Aldi is a discount supermarket which offers great value for money. If you're shopping on a budget, head to Aldi. It helps you enjoy more from life for less. Here, you'll find the latest Aldi deals and discounts found and shared by our community of bargain hunters. Save on your groceries, household items, wine, beer and more.Read more
What is Aldi?
Aldi is a discount supermarket chains with more than 10,000 stores in 18 countries including Australia, the Republic of Ireland, the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom just to name a few. The company was founded in 1913 by Karl Albrecht and Theo Albrecht when they took over their mother’s store in Essen. The business was split into two separate groups during the 60s that later became Aldi Nor and Aldi Süd. The founders introduced the name Aldi in 1962 which is the abbreviation for Albrecht Diskont.
The idea behind Aldi was to subtract the legal maximum rebate of 3% before sale, which was new at that time in a market where the leaders are co-operatives which requires their customers to collect rebate stamps. Aside from this, they also removed products that are not selling from their shelves, therefore cutting costs by neither advertising nor offering fresh produce and keeping their retail outlets small.
Aldi has around 8,000 stores around the world. Though it may still be a small player in the country, but its importance is definitely growing. Their online store Aldi.co.uk makes it convenient for their loyal customers to shop for groceries, home essentials and more at great value right at the comforts of their homes.
If you want more amazing savings, browse LatestDeals.co.uk for the latest Aldi.co.uk sales, discounts, voucher codes and coupon codes shared every month by our generous community of bargain hunters. You may also want to checkout our Waitrose and Tesco monthly deals and offers on your grocery needs.
Aldi UK – Win summer with the Brownlee Brothers
From delicious steaks to ice cold beers, Aldi and the Brownlee Brothers, the most competitive brothers in the world, have all your BBQ favourites to help you WIN summer.
What does Aldi sell?
Aldi.co.uk offers a wide range of products at great value. You can get everything from household items to your pet's needs and everything in between. Their catalogue's categories are Wines, Special Buys and In Store Groceries which includes fresh & chilled, technology, household, pet care, frozen, drinks and more. The items are marked either online or instore.
Aldi Special Buys (Specialbuys)
Aldi has a promotional section in-store and online called Specialbuys. These are limited runs of stock, seasonal and often difficult to find. They vary between stores and online. Aldi's Jo Malone candles are an example. The discount supermarket introduced a range of candles called No.1, No.2, and No.3. They came in three scents: Pomegranate Noir, Freesia & Pear or Lime Basil & Mandarin. They weighed 290g and cost £3.99 each. This is in comparison to Jo Malone's candles which cost 90% more. As is often the case with Aldi's Specialbuys, the candles were a massive hit and quickly went out of stock. Kelsey of LatestDeals.co.uk created a Stock Checker for the candles which was featured in The Sun.
But it's not just candles that you can find in Aldi Specialbuys. Items range from watering cans to craft beer, solar panel lights to picture frames, DVDs to shoes. It's a great way to save money and the options are increasing all the time. In the past Aldi has sold school uniform for a discount price. You could get two polo shirts, trousers or a skirt, and a jumper for just £5. This was half the price of Tesco and a third less than M&S.
How to find Aldi Recipes
On the Aldi website you'll find many Aldi recipes perfect for cooking on a budget. They're divided into meal types: breakfast, mains, desserts and also into portion sizes: 2 or 4 people. Print them off and staple them together to make a great recipe book where you know all the ingredients are available at Aldi.
How do I contact Aldi?
- For any queries, you can use their Online Contact Form.
- You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can call them on 0800 042 0800.
Customer service opening times:
- Monday to Saturday: 8am – 8pm
- Sunday and Bank Holidays: 10am – 4pm
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is:
What are the delivery options for Aldi?
Free Standard Delivery
Aldi offers FREE Standard delivery on all wine and Specialbuys orders, excluding large item deliveries. They will deliver most items within 3-5 working days of the time you have placed your order.
Large Item Delivery
Aldi delivers large items of any weight and size for just £4. After adding a product to your basket, you will be given a delivery option at the checkout, which is Large
Item Delivery. You also have an option to choose which day from Monday to Friday you want your item to be delivered up to 2 weeks from the date you place your order.
Other Deliveries and Costs
- Next Day Delivery: £4.00 if you place your order before 7pm Monday-Thursday, you will qualify for delivery on the next working day.
- Named Day Delivery: £4.00
- CollectPlus: £3.00
If you are a registered customer, you can track your order within the My Account section. For more information, read their full Delivery page.
How do I return an item to Aldi?
- You can return your online order via Royal Mail. Simply take your item together with a completed returns form to any Royal Mail Post Office. Make sure to attach the correct label to the packaging and send your parcel to Aldi.
- You can also return via CollectPlus. Just like with Royal Mail, complete a returns form and take your item to a CollectPlus collection point with the correct label attached to the packaging and send it to Aldi.
- You can only return Specialbuys items to your local store.
- If you are returning a product delivered through large item delivery, make sure to contact customer services to return your product.
- Underwear, earrings and other pierced jewellery can’t be returned under ‘change of mind’ due to hygiene guidelines. Similarly, chilled and frozen food is non-returnable under ‘change of mind’ due to the chill/freeze chain being broken.
- Once they receive your returned item in their returns centre, they will issue a refund to the payment card you used to pay for your order. The process will take between 10-14 working days before the refund will reflect in your account.
#AldiChallenge Lunchbox tips for grown ups