What is Decathlon?
Decathlon is a French sporting goods retailer and one of the largest in the world. It was founded in 1976 by Michael Leclercq and began its international expansion a decade later to various country such as the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, China, Philippines, India, Malaysia and the Southeast Asia. Today, they have more than 1,100 stores in 38 countries and employs more than 78,000 staff from 80 different nationalities. The Decathlon Group also owns over 20 brands, each representing a different sport or group of sports with a dedicated product development and design team.
Their first UK store was launched in 1999 and has since grown to over 28 stores. Six of the stores are owned by them as to show their direction to be a long term player in the UK market and they service their customers through omni-channel which means using a logistics hub based in Northampton (opened in 2014). Their UK property team are working on making sport accessible for the many by looking for the best unit for you to ensure that the shopping experience allows them to test and try the products and still see a full range.
The sports retailer is one of the largest worldwide and they target the same ambition in the UK. To achieve this, they are opening stores at an increasing rate and they target more than 300 stores within the next 10 years. Next year will see the openings of Farnborough, Cambridge, High Wycombe, Chelmsford and many more will be communicated through their website.
Here at Latest Deals, you will find only the best and the hottest Decathlon sales, offers, discounts, promo codes and voucher codes posted and verified every month by our massive community of bargain hunters! Checkout our Sports Direct, JD Sports and Millet Sports latest deals to get everything you need for your active lifestyle!
Introducing the Decathlon UK Family! What makes their store openings so unique? Here's a little taster...
What does Decathlon sell?
The retailer stocks a wide range of equipment and attire for over 70 sports, from tennis rackets to advanced scuba diving equipment, usually in large superstores. They work hard to help encourage grassroots sports across the UK. Their motto is to make sport accessible for the many.
Their main mission is to make sport accessible to as many people as they can. They would like to help, inspire and guide their customers through their sports experiences. They believe that being active and discovering new sports every day is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
How do I contact Decathlon?
- You can find answers to common questions and enquiries using their FAQ’s.
- For store enquiries, use their Store Locator to find the nearest store in your area.
- Send them a message by filling up their Online Contact Form. In order to answer you as soon as possible, make your description as precise as you can.
- Alternatively, you can call them on 0207 064 3000 (local rates apply).
Customer Service opening times:
- Monday to Friday: 8am-8pm
- Saturday: 9am-6pm
- Sunday: 12pm-5pm
What are the delivery options for Decathlon?
The cost of the delivery depends on the size and weight of your order and the carrier used. The delivery price will be indicated on your basket page. Standard home delivery starts from £3.99 for smaller goods and increases and according to weight and the volume.
- Royal Mail is used for their standard delivery of smaller orders up to 60cm in length and below 3kg in weight. After your order is processed at the warehouse it should be delivered within 2-3 working days (excludes weekend and bank holidays) if their products are available in our UK warehouse.
- DHL is available for all bike orders and parcels up to 270cm in length and below 50kg in weight. After your order is processed at their warehouse your order should be delivered within 1-2 working days (excludes weekend and bank holidays) if the product is stocked in their UK warehouse.
- BJS is available for Bulky products (excluding bikes) such as treadmills, kayaks or home gym equipment which will be delivered to the room of your choice. After your order is processed at their warehouse items be delivered within 3-5 working days (excluding weekend and bank holidays) if the product is stocked in their UK warehouse.
Free Delivery Over £30 includes bikes and bulky goods such as table tennis tables, treadmills, cross trainers, home gyms and rigid kayaks except to Northern Ireland.
Click & Collect
This option is FREE for all products and combination of products in your order. You will receive a confirmation email once your product arrives in store, wait until you receive this before visiting stores. You have 7 days to collect your order and make sure to bring your order number and photo proof of ID.
For more information, read their full Delivery Information page.
How do I return an item to Decathlon?
You can return your unwanted goods for up to 30 days from the date of purchase with proof of purchase. Other branded products are guaranteed by Decathlon for 1 year unless specified on the product.
Decathlon Card Holders
They also offer an exclusive 365 days returns policy for Decathlon card holders in the following 2 cases:
- Unwanted goods: unused and in their original packaging. When returning unwanted goods you can choose to be refunded or to exchange. They do not exchange or refund perishable goods such as food or drinks, personalised items and personal safety equipment.
- If the product in use is not satisfactory for the intended sport practice. They will not accept products that are deemed to be damaged on purpose or not properly maintained, used outside of their intended means and subject to normal wear and tear.
Returning by Post
- To return your online order by post, follow these steps:
- Click on "My Account"
- Sign in
- Click on "My Purchases"
- Click on "Create an Online Return"
- Select your order by clicking on "See Details"
- In the order status area, click on "To create a Return"
- Select the quantity of the items you are returning
- Select the return reason
- Click on "Options" to select the refund or exchange option
Send the parcel to the following address:
Decathlon Logistics UK
Unit 200 Caswell Road
Brackmills Industrial Estate
Northampton - NN4 7PW
Returning In Store
- To return your online order in store, follow these steps:
- Click on “My Account”
- Sign In
- Click on “Check My Online Invoices’’
- Select your order by clicking on "See Details"
- Click on “To View or Print your Bill’’
- Print the Invoice
- Bring the items to your closest Decathlon store
- Show the invoice in store when returning the items
For more information, read their full Returns Policy page.
Your Decathlon Membership makes it as easy as possible for you to share our passion for sport, without the hassle. Your account is a unique access point to your sporting experience with us, whether it's taking part in our local events, enjoying our expert sports tips or easily accessing their services.
They offer more than 40 individual designs for every sports lover! Discover the Decathlon Gift Card, the perfect present for any occasion.