What is Halfords?
Halfords is a British retailer of bicycles, camping and touring equipment, car parts and car enhancement. It was established in 1892 originally as a wholesale ironmongery by Frederick Rushbroke and in 1902 began offering cycling goods when it moved on Halford Street in Leicester where its name was derived. The company’s development was quick and by 1930 it launched its 200th store and acquired the Birmingham Bicycle Company. Today, Halfords also provide MOT, service and repairs in the country via Halfords Autocentre.
The company is operating a total of 465 stores in 2010 and around 22 of which are in the Republic of Ireland and majority are across the UK. On May of 2017, Halfords announced that its CEO Jill McDonald has resigned and will remain the company’s CEO until the end of her notice period in October 2017.
Their online shop Halfords.com offers great savings of up to 20% off on their range of bikes, camping equipment, roof boxes, staycation essentials, bike rack and more. You can even take advantage of their half price sales on selected Halfords advanced socket sets.
Here at LatestDeals.co.uk our members can enjoy further savings on Halfords products from our wide range of Halfords.com voucher codes, sales, deals, discounts and coupon codes all of which are shared exclusively by our massive community of bargain hunters.
Let the journey begin. #ForLifesJourneys
"Halfords is my default go to for all things car and bicycle. It also does camping gear and trampolines for kids amongst other things. There are loads of Halfords deals and discounts on offer, they provide real value for money. Find all the best Halfords voucher codes and bargains here" - Tom
What does Halfords sell?
Halfords.com sells a wide range of products from the following categories:
- Cycling: With over 100 years of experience in selling bikes, Halfords is the leading bike shop in the UK, selling everything from balance bikes for little ones finding their feet, right up to sleek and speedy Boardman bikes.
- Technology: For all your technology needs Halfords offer a wide selection of sat navs, dash cams and car audio.
- Motoring: Halfords are at hand to provide you with the best and latest motoring products so your vehicle can stay in top working condition.
- Workshop & Tools: Halfords offers lifetime guarantee on all advanced tools.
- Camping & Leisure: From tents to air beds, portable stoves to hammocks, they have all the camping gear you'll ever need to make sure your trip away is one to remember.
- Kids Zone: At Halfords they understand the stresses of a parent but finding the right product in their Kids Zone won't be one of them, as they’ve got everything covered.
- Offers: Take advantage of the amazing deals Halfords has to offer on select products.
- Gifts: Looking for a gift for that special someone? Whether you're shopping for a seasoned cyclist or for something to entertain the little one, they’ve got a wide range of exciting and unexpected gifts to help make those special occasions sparkle.
Halfords has big sales throughout the year and members of Latest Deals are often posting Halfords discount codes, vouchers, sales and deals. They have a permanent offers page which is a favourite bargain hunting spot for many, and you'll find many discounts during Black Friday in throughout the December / January sale.
How do I contact Halfords?
- You can call Halfords on 0345 504 53 53 to speak to an advisor, open seven days a week, opening times unknown.
- You can speak to an advisor using the Halfords web chat function. They are online between 8am - 10pm, every day of the week. Here is a direct link to the chat function - when you click this link, an advisor from Halfords will be notified.
- You can also use this contact form on the Halfords website. Scroll to the bottom to find it.
There are also some other telephone numbers available for you:
- Cycle2Work - 0345 504 6444 open from 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Bikes4Work - 0345 504 6444 open from 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Halfords Autocentre - 0800 096 4216 open from 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
- Business Services - 0845 077 8851 open from 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
- Insurance Replacement - 0845 077 8835 open from 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday
What are the delivery options for Halfords?
Halfords has a big and detailed delivery page with all the information you need. You can have any item delivered to your home or other address in the UK. Addresses outside of the UK may be charged extra costs.
- Delivery is free on orders over £30
- Standard delivery is within 4 working days
- Orders under £30 cost £2.99
Halfords also offers free click and collect. If you order by 3pm, they will deliver to your local store by 1pm the next day. All deliveries are sent by courier and must be signed for. If you are not in, Halfords will try to leave with your neighbour. So if it says its been delivered but you haven't got it, you first bet should be to try next door.
If you're not in, and your neighbour is not in, the courier will make two further attempts. Following that, it will leave you a card saying where you can collect it from - this may be your local Post Office or a depot.
How do I return an item to Halfords?
The returns policy of Halfords lets you get a refund or exchange any order within 28 days of delivery. You need a receipt / proof of purchase and the original packaging it came in. You can return any item for free by taking it to a store with proof of purchase. If you have lost your returns note, you can print one off here.
If you want to return by post, fill in a return note (see link above), and take to your nearest Post Office. Get a proof of postage. Attach the
return note to your parcel. Returns are made at the customers' own expense (where possible, always take to the store for free).
If you need further advice for Halfords returns, use the contact information above.
- WeBuild. When you order a bike from Halfords, their fully trained bike mechanics can build it for you for free! Simply click and collect your bike and their Bike Hut team will build it and carry out a 22 point safety check, ensuring it's safe and ready for you to ride away.
- WeService. If you head out on your bike regularly you'll want to make sure that everything's still working as it should be. Their trained bike mechanics will carry out a free and thorough 20 point check after 6 weeks to ensure that your bike's still in great condition. If you'd just like your suspension or your brakes looked at then they can also carry out parts-only servicing.
- WeCare. They'll do the hard work for you with a bike care plan. After a one-off payment, you'll enjoy free maintenance and repairs on your bike for the duration of your plan. Their plans are available for either one or three years, so there are plenty of options to suit you.
- WeFit. They'll help you out by fitting your car bulbs, blades, and batteries, as well as topping up your engine oil if you're running a bit low.
- WeRepair. Their national windscreen repair service can repair your windscreen and get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
- WeFit, WeRepair. When you need a new bulb, battery, blade or oil, you want it sorted as quickly as possible. That's why when you buy these things from Halfords, our trained professionals will be able to fit them for you whilst you wait.
Car Maintenance Help from Halfords
MOTs can strike fear into the hearts of most drivers. Fear not though - watch this guide to learn about the quick checks you can carry out by yourself before the test to increase the chances of your car passing first time.