What is JD Sports?
JD Sports is the main retail frontage of JD Sports Fashion Plc, which is UK’s retailer of branded and own brand of sports and casual wear. The JD Group was founded by John David Sports in 1981. The company started out with one shop in Bury but has now expanded to over 800 stores that carry both sports and branded fashion. It also operates in Ireland and through Chausport and France. During the 1980s, the company opened numerous stores, mainly in the North and Midlands. Its first shop in London was launched in 1989 in Oxford Street. By 1996, JD Sports has over 56 stores and it made its debut in the stock market. In addition to the company’s rising reputation in the 90s as innovative visual merchandise of sportswear, JD utilized the benefits of the rise in sales from well-known international brands such as Nike, Adidas, Reebok and Puma as well as the growing trend of sportswear as a part of an individual’s lifestyle.
By 2000s, JD Group has acquired about 200 stores with its acquirement of First Sport as well as an additional of more than 70 stores from purchasing Allsports. In acquiring Scotts in 2004, the company began an offering of branded young fashion. From 2009 to 2012, JD Group acquired Chausport in France and the well-known rugby legacy brands, Canterbury and Canterbury of New Zealand, Kooga Rugby as well as Kukri and the other 8 stores trading as Cecil Gee form Moss Bros. The company also acquired the trade assets of Blacks Leisure Group Plc with around 290 stores under the Blacks and Millets frontages.
JD's online shop www.jdsports.co.uk provides further reduction of up to 75% on select range of their mens, womens and kids products.
What does JD Sports sell?
- Men – shop for men’s footwear, clothing and accessories featuring brands like Adidas, Nike, Puma, ASICS, Reebok, New Balance, Under Armour, McKenzie, Speedo and more. You can even shop by activity such as football, basketball, rugby, tennis and running.
- Women – shop for women’s footwear, clothing, accessories, fitness such as yoga, cardio and swimming as well as the latest trends in clothing and footwear from brands like Adidas, Nike, Converse, Calvin Klein, Fred Perry, The North Face, Puma, Reebok, Vans and Ellesse just to name a few.
- Kids – shop for your kids footwear, clothing , accessories, bags and school essentials from brands like Carbrini, Hype, Sonneti, Lacoste, EA7, Duffer St George and so much more.
- Accessories – in this category, you can find caps, sunglasses, sports equipment, sports bags and backpacks, etc. for men; scarves, fitness equipment, hats, personalisation, bags and gymsacks, and more for women; and school bags, beanies, knitted hats, laces, and caps for kids.
- Running and Fitness – this category offers products for men and women for their running, gym, training, yoga, swimming and other sport’s needs.
- Football – browse through their football products which range from Internationals, Premiere League, Football League, Football Essentials and also Football Boots for your kids.
- Holiday Shop – from men’s vests, t-shirts, polo shirts and caps to women’s shorts, swimwear, slides and flip flops, as well as Kid’s t-shirts, sandals, flip-flops and swimwear, this category got it covered.
How do I contact JD Sports?
- You can contact customer support on 0161 393 7055
- You can email email@example.com
- You can speak to someone on Twitter
- You can use an online form and find more information here
- You can start a LIVE chat here
If you prefer to write to support, address your mail here:
JD Sports Fashion PLC
What are the delivery options for JD Sports?
- JD Sports provides different options on how you can receive your item(s).
- Their carrier delivers between 7:30am and 10pm and there are cases where signature will be required. They will try your neighbours if you’re not around, or they will find a safe and dry place to leave your parcel.
- They may also leave a calling card with details on how you can re-arrange the delivery. Deliveries outside of UK may take up to at least 10 business days or even longer.
UK Standard Delivery
- £3.99, may take up to 5 business days after order is placed.
- JD does not deliver to PO boxes. For Channel Islands delivery, choose international delivery instead.
Click & Collect
- Free on all orders.
- Simply place an order online and select Click & Collect upon checkout.
- Search for your town or post code to locate the store you wish your order to be delivered to. Once you’ve chosen the physical store, you will then provide the name of who will collect your order. You will then receive an email and SMS information when your order is ready for collection.
- Make sure to bring your proof of purchase, payment card and if someone will collect on your behalf, they need to show a photo ID. Your order will be available to collect within 14 days.
- £6.99 via Standard and Tracked Express, may take between 4 to 10 business days after dispatch
- The price will differ by country and it will be reflected once you selected the country in the delivery section drop down menu. You can find the list of the 197 countries they deliver to on their website.
- In-store orders will be delivered within 5 business days.
- A tracking link will be emailed to you if you select standard delivery once your order has been despatched.
- For Click & Collect, an email and SMS will be sent to inform you when your order is ready to be picked up.
For more information, read their
How do I return an item to JD Sports?
- Just notify them if you wish to return your order and you have 14 days from cancellation to return the item(s). If you want to exchange it, send it back to them within 28 days.
- Credit or debit card purchases: simply go to one of JD Sports’ store near you with your despatch note and the product you wish to return and you will be given a refund or exchange.
- PayPal or Apple Pay: your order will be returned to the company’s distribution centre by your local store on your behalf.
- Collect From Stores: orders that were delivered to other collection point cannot be returned in that store.
- Personalized Items will only be accepted if there are errors in the personalization text or if the product is defective.
- Returns to store are free as long as you take your despatch note with you as well as the goods. Alternatively, you can also arrange a courier collection via myHermes for only £2.50.
- You can also make your own return arrangements through postal carrier using one who can give you a Certificate of Posting. You can return your order at the following address:
JD Internet Returns
Michael Faraday Avenue
JD Gift Cards
JD Gift Cards ranges from £10 up to £275, and are valid in any JD store within the UK, Northern Island and participating Channel Islands stores. It can also be redeemed in Scotts, Blacks, Millets and Tessuti. JD Gift Cards cannot be used online to purchase products.
Be the Next Face of JD