What is MAC Cosmetics?
MAC is not just one of the most popular brands of makeup in the world but it is also the leading professional makeup authority.
MAC prides itself for celebrating diversity and individuality; they are for all ages and sexes. The company is also synonymous with fashion trendsetting where they collaborate with some of the world’s well-known talents from fashion, art and popular culture. In addition, their artists are always present backstage at fashion weeks all over the world.
MAC was born in Toronto, Canada when makeup artist and photographer Frank Toskan and salon owner Frank Angelo decided to create their own line of makeup after getting frustrated by the absence of that which photographed well. Their first cosmetics were made in their very own kitchen and were sold to fellow makeup artists, models and photographers straight from the salon. When magazine credits started pouring in and the cosmetics’ popularity grew by word of mouth, the pair launched MAC in a Toronto department store in 1984.
The company established itself as the ultimate colour authority while most makeup brands during that time were more focused on skincare products. An intense red matte lipstick was one of their most popular offerings, which became even more popular when Madonna, who was a fast-rising star back then, used it in a photo-shoot and was later seen sporting a MAC t-shirt.
MAC brought to the cosmetics market a wide variety of products that’s a mix of both street savvy and glamorous style and flamboyance. By 1994, the company created the MAC AIDS Fund wherein it made HIV/AIDS organisations its beneficiaries. To date, the VIVA GLAM campaign has raised over $400 million for the fight against HIV/AIDS, with spokespeople such as Lady Gaga, Pamela Anderson and Nicki Minaj.
MAC has been a part of the Estée Lauder Companies since 1994 and is sold to over 105 countries all over the world.
What does MAC Cosmetics sell?
Choose from MAC’s wide range of makeup for beginners and professionals for your lips, face and eyes, which includes lipstick, lip pencil, lip gloss, lip care + primer, lip palettes + kits, foundations, highlighting + contouring, bronzing, concealer, powder, blush, face primer, shadow, mascara, eye palettes + kits, liner, brow, lash and eye primer.
Primer + Skincare
They have everything your skin needs when it comes to primers, moisturizers, removers, BB + CC and lip care + primer.
Brushes + Tools
MAC offers every type of face brushes, eye brushes and lip brushes for beginners and professionals alike. They also have bags, applicators, accessories as well as pro palette and containers for your makeup.
MAC now offers fragrances under three categories: Shadescents, Turquatic and Air of Style.
Get your favourite selected MAC products for up to 30% off before they’re gone for good. Prices as marked and no further discounts apply.
How do I contact MAC Cosmetics?
Talk To Us!
You can CHAT LIVE with a MAC available artist:
- MONDAY - FRIDAY 10AM-10PM
- SATURDAY 4PM-10PM
- SUNDAY 4PM-10PM
CHAT LIVE for orders or technical questions:
- MONDAY - THURSDAY 9AM-6PM
- FRIDAY 9AM-4.30PM
- SATURDAY 9AM-5PM
- SUNDAY 10AM-4PM
Contact Number for Online Order Queries
0800 054 2999
- MONDAY - THURSDAY 9AM - 8PM
- FRIDAY 9AM - 6.30PM
- SATURDAY 9AM-5PM
- SUNDAY 10AM-4PM
- Please note that they are closed on Bank Holidays
Email Customer Service
For issues regarding an order, account, website, product availability or concern, MAC stores or other general queries or comments, you can EMAIL MAC anytime and your email will be answered within 72 hours.
Email an Artist
For expert advice, application tips, shade matching advice and more, you can EMAIL AN ARTIST.
What are the delivery options for MAC Cosmetics?
- Orders are processed and delivered on working days only (Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays).
- Orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be processed on the next business day.
- MAC Cosmetics Online only delivers online orders to UK addresses (excluding the Channel Islands).
- The are unable to process orders to a P.O Box address.
- They are unable to offer delivery to British Forces Postal Office addresses.
Option 1 - STANDARD - FREE
- Delivery within two to five working days.
Option 2 - NAMED DAY DELIVERY - £4.95
- Delivery on the day selected by the customer.
Option 3 - NEXT DAY - £6.50
- Delivery the following working day.
- Orders must be placed by 3pm.
Option 4 - NEXT DAY (AM) - £8.00
- Delivery by 12 noon the following working day.
- Orders must be placed by 3pm.
Option 5 - SATURDAY DELIVERY - £10.50
- Orders must be placed by 3pm on a normal working day.
Option 6 - CLICK AND COLLECT - Free on all orders.
- Collect from a local shop in partnership with UPS or from a selected MAC Store.
- Your order will be dispatched and delivered to your chosen collection point (UPS Access Point) or MAC Store within two to five business days of placing your order.
How do I return an item to MAC Cosmetics?
Within the order packaging, you will find a Returns Note with details of your order together with details of our returns process. Alternatively, you can use the CANCELLATION FORM to cancel an order. If the items listed on the dispatch note do not match those contained in your delivery, you can notify MAC immediately by calling their Customer Services Team on: 0800 054 2999. If you return items for reasons other than defects in the goods, or incomplete, or incorrect delivery, you will be required to arrange and pay for the return of the items to the company.
- Complete the necessary documentation. Complete the Cancellation Form or Returns Note enclosed in your order with all required information. If you have not received this document, you can contact their Customer Services on 0800 054 2999 or by emailing us at INFOMAC@MAC-COSMETICS.CO.UK with your order details.
- Return the products. A full refund will not be provided for returned goods that show signs of unreasonable use. You have 14 working days to returnt the items upon notifying them of cancellation.
- Processing of refund. The calculated refund will be processed within 14 working days of receiving your returned goods
If you require a refund MAC will refund the price paid by you for the items (including the initial standard delivery charge, but not the additional cost of any premium delivery option that was chosen) within 14 days of receiving your returned items, provided that you have returned the items to them at their distribution centre within 14 working days of delivery to you or your notifying them of cancellation.
Refunds will only be made against the original credit/debit/gift card used.
MAC is entitled to withhold payment of any refund if you cancel your order but do not return those items to them within 14 working days upon notifying them of cancellation.
Makeup Services are available in all M·A·C stores, however online booking is only available in certain stores. You can us MAC's Find A Store to call and book directly.
Gift Cards and EGift Cards
From Special Edition gift cards to simple and chic The Gift of Glamour in classic MAC black gift cards to Bespoke Makeup Application or Lesson at one of their stores, MAC gift cards are the ideal gifts for any loved ones who are a fan of the brand.
The Gift of Glamour EGift Cards are set via mail.