What is Matalan?
Matalan is a fashion and homeware retailer based in Knowsley, UK. It was founded in 1985 by its current managing director John Hargreaves. To date, the company has 217 stores under its belt across the United Kingdom. Every Matalan store is usually divided into four departments; Women’s, Men’s, Kids’ and Homeware. Aside from their traditional stock management, the company also operates a handful of concessionary product offer in-store such as jewellery and books.
Matalan takes the time to listen to their customers in order to ensure that they evolve to suit the needs of the ever changing modern families. They always put emphasis on offering the highest quality clothing and homeware combined with budget-friendly price tags. Matalan’s main focus is to provide their 12 million UK family customers the range, style, quality and value that enable them to run a modern and happy family home.
What does Matalan sell?
Shop Matalan’s range of new arrivals and find everything you need to complete the latest looks this season. From swimsuit, playsuit and tops to knitwear, shorts, sandals and dresses t look stylish and smart in the office or on the weekend for a fashionable look.
Find your everyday essentials on their range of lingerie, from the the perfect bra for everyday comfort or a special matching set to cosy pj’s, satin nightwear and more.
Shop from Matalan’s full menswear range including suits, jeans, jackets, t-shirts, shoes and more.
Matalan has everything covered for your little princess, from her clothing needs to shoes and accessories to her school uniform.
Your little prince is not forgotten as well with Matalan’s range of boys’ clothing, shoes and accessories and school uniforms to get them ready for the school season.
Beautify your home with their wide range of budget-friendly products for your outdoor and garden, bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen. Matalan also provides travel and suitcases so you won’t have to worry when you and your family are going on a holiday vacation.
From breakfast time through to bedtime, their ranges provide practical solutions for modern family living. Simply browse Matalan’s latest looks, order online and select the flexible delivery option that suits you.
Lace-up sandals for teaming with midi cuts, trainers for denims, wedges for cocktail hour or treat yourself with stylish heels. You can also get your feet ready for summer with their range of sandals, flom flatforms to gladiator styles, pin-stud and buckle details and more. You can also get hold of the best bags and accessories from their latest collection. Men can update their look with a cool pair of trainers, pumps or boots from our range of casual shoes and your little ones can put a spring in their step with cute and fun styles.
Matalan’s women's collection has everything you need for running and yoga, to training and leisure. You can also shop for full menswear and childrenswear range including suits, jeans, jackets, t-shirts, tops, socks, hoodies, joggers and more.
How do I contact Matalan?
For questions and enquiries, do not hesitate to give Matalan’s friendly customer service team a call, email, or live chat with them on their Facebook page.
Call: 0333 0044444 from Monday to Sunday between 8am to 6pm
Website Customer Services
Matalan, Perimeter Road
Knowsley Industrial Park
LIVERPOOL, L33 7SZ
You can also visit their Help and FAQs section for a faster answer to your questions.
What are the delivery options for Matalan?
Standard Delivery – £3.95, Free for orders over £50
Standard delivery will arrive within 5 working days. The free offer does not work in conjunction with any other promotional code used at the checkout.
Click and Collect – Free, £1.99 for Next Working Day
Delivery hours are between 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday. Once your order has arrived and ready to collect at your store of choice, they will send you an email confirmation as well as a text message. You will be sent a reminder if you have not collected within 10 days, and again after 28 days. You will get a refund and your order will be returned if it gets to 29 days.
Next Day Delivery – £4.95
Order before 4pm to ensure that your items will be delivered the next day. Any orders placed after 4pm Thursday upto 4pm Sunday will be delivered Monday. Next day delivery to some postcodes such as Northern Ireland & outlying areas may not be available at the moment, while deliveries to Channel Islands or BFPO are not yet available.
Next Day Delivery service is not available on selected items due to their size or weight. This includes:
- Draw Units
- Plastic draws (storage)
- Large Storage boxes
- Large Photo Frames
- Narrow wooden Units
How do I return an item to Matalan?
- You can return unwanted items either by store or by post. However, Matalan does not offer exchange service by post.
- In order to qualify for our refunds policy, all Items must be in a re-saleable condition i.e. undamaged, in their original and undamaged packaging, unworn and complete with all tags and labels attached.
- Items must be returned with your original receipt and be in the condition that they were purchased. Without a receipt they will exchange or refund in vouchers at the last known selling price.
- Matalan does not
- offer exchanges or refunds in vouchers for items purchased from any of Matalan's other trading divisions, including Sporting Pro stores or their website, without a valid receipt or delivery note. Further exceptions apply; just ask their in-store.
- If you return a single item bought as part of a multi-buy discount offer (for example buy 2 for £20.00) you will be refunded the full price of the item less any discount given in the offer.
- If you return all the items purchased with the multi-buy offer discount you will refunded with the full multi-buy value.
- You can return your items to your local Matalan store free of charge. However, they are unable to accept returns to their Matalan Clearance Stores.
- You can return your orders via Post Office to the following address:
Matalan Web Returns
DC Goods In, Perimeter Road,
Knowsley Industrial Park
Knowsley, Liverpool, L33 7SZ, UK
Refunds Policy Exceptions
For reasons of health, hygiene safety and copyright, Matalan are unable to exchange or refund the following products once worn or once the packaging has been opened or damaged unless the items are of unsatisfactory quality or unfit for purpose:
- pierced earrings;
- hair accessories;
- DVD’s (in original packaging with any security seals still intact)
- underwear and shapewear (In the interest of hygiene please do not remove briefs when trying on garments);
- control wear;
- hosiery; and
- swimwear (unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place).