What is Nintendo?
Nintendo is an international Japanese consumer electronics video game company founded in 1889 by Fusajiro Yamauchi. Its headquarters is located in Kyoto, Japan. The company is one of the biggest and most popular video game companies by market capitalization and is best known for creating the top selling video game franchises like Mario, The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon.
The company started out producing handmade hanafuda playing cards. After trying out several small niche businesses, such as cab services and love hotels, Nintendo finally focused and ventured in the toy industry in the 60s. Yamauchi eventually renamed the company from Nintendo Playing Card Co. Ltd. to Nintendo Co., Ltd. By the 70s they shifted into a video game company and family entertainment values and became one of the most influential in the video game industry. One of their first offerings, the Laser Clay Shooting System uses the same light gun technology used in Nintendo's Kousenjuu series of toys, and set up in abandoned bowling alleys.
By 1975, Nintendo made a move into the video arcade game industry with EVR Race and several more titles followed. However, their fortunes dramatically changed with the launch of Donkey Kong in 1981 and soon, an early iteration of Mario, known in Japan back then as Jumpman, which eventually became the company’s mascot. Throughout the 80s, Nintendo introduced some of the most popular game consoles in history such as the Game & Watch and the Family Computer alongside ports of its most popular arcade titles. When millennium came, we’ve seen the company release the Nintendo DS, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U as well as Mobile and Nintendo Switch. In September 2017, Nintendo announced a partnership with the Chinese gaming company Tencent to publish a global version of their commercially successful mobile game, Honor of Kings, for the Nintendo Switch.
Here at Latest Deals you will find all the hottest and the best Nintendo games and consoles sales, discounts, voucher codes, freebies and coupon codes posted every month by our community of bargain hunters! We also have the latest monthly deals for PlayStation games and consoles so make sure to check out them out!
Nintendo eShop Highlights: August 2017
So many great indie titles arrived on Nintendo eShop in August. Check out the video above to see the highlights.
What does Nintendo sell?
Nintendo aim to surprise and delight their customers with every opportunity and their Official UK Store will do exactly that. They have designed their online store to be fun, useful and informative. You will find console options and games for the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS family of handhelds and the Wii U home console. They also make it a point to stock games for Nintendo DS and Wii, so you should find something for just about any taste. And not only that, but you will also find exclusive products including limited edition consoles and games. So make sure to keep an eye out for these products and exclusives as they become available.
When you shop on their Official UK Store, you’re guaranteed that you’re buying your games and consoles directly from the people who produced them. This also ensures that your shopping experience is a pleasant and a reliable one plus they even give their customers an an additional 12 months warranty, which means you're covered for 2 years.
How do I contact Nintendo?
- For general enquiries and questions read their full FAQ section.
- You can email them with your concerns at email@example.com.
- To help you talk through the issues you’re experiencing, you can call their support on +44 (0)345 60 50 247.
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is: Nintendo Customer Support
PO Box 4678
What are the delivery options for Nintendo?
- Cost: £1.99 or FREE when you spend over £20.
- Delivery Time: 2-3 Working Days.
- No deliveries take place on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
- or deliveries to the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, the Scilly Isles and the Channel Islands, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery.
- Cost: £3.95
- Delivery Time: Order before 9pm on Monday-Saturday or 2pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays and, subject to stock availability, you will receive your order the next day (Monday - Saturday only).
- No deliveries take place on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.
Premium Next Day Delivery
- Cost: £4.95
- Delivery Time: Order before 9pm on Monday-Saturday or 2pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays and, subject to stock availability, the courier will allocate you a one hour delivery slot the next working day.
- No deliveries take place on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday
- Cost: £5.95
- Delivery Time: Order before 9pm on Friday and, subject to stock availability, the courier will allocate you a one hour delivery slot on Saturday.
- Cost: £5.95
- Delivery Time: Order before 3pm on Saturday and, subject to stock availability, the courier will allocate you a one hour delivery slot on Sunday.
For more information, visit their full Delivery page.
How do I return an item to Nintendo?
Within 14 days after delivery of your order, you may return unopened products purchased directly from Nintendo, for a full refund. They will not refund the cost of shipping unless the return is a result of an error on their part.
In order to arrange a return, contact and inform their Nintendo Customer Support Team of your order number, the item you are returning and the reason for the return and a member of our team will be happy to walk you through the next steps.
Every item returned to their returns centre is tested. Any items found not to be faulty by their independent test centre will be returned to you and you will be liable for the postage. Costs of posting the return back to you will depend on the item and will be communicated with you after the testing process.
They will not accept returns for the following items;
- Any items that are more than 30 days after delivery.
- Any items that have been opened or unsealed.
- Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, show signs of use or is missing parts.
- Any items that were not purchased directly from Nintendo.
- Any digital products including download codes and Nintendo eShop cards.
Once they have received your item at their warehouse they will process your return within 48 hours. You should expect to see your refund in your account within 5 working days once they have received your refund update email. Note that some banks may take longer than 5 working days to process refund payment.
If you have not received your refund and it has been 10 working days since receiving your refund update email, contact their Nintendo Customer Support Team who will be happy to investigate further. Refunds for any orders paid for using PayPal will be refunded within 7 working days.
For more information, read their full Returns and Refunds Policy.
First Look at Nintendo Switch
Introducing Nintendo Switch! In addition to providing single and multiplayer thrills at home, the Nintendo Switch system also enables gamers to play the same title wherever, whenever and with whomever they choose. The mobility of a handheld is now added to the power of a home gaming system to enable unprecedented new video game play styles. Nintendo Switch is Available Now!