What is Poundland?
Poundland is a UK-based chain of store founded in 1990 by Dave Dodd and Steven Smith. The company claimed that they introduce the concept of single-price retailing and sells most items in stores and at Poundland.co.uk for just £1. Their concept is rather simple, a range of over 3,000 items representing amazing value for money. Their first store was launched in the Octagon Centre and soon followed by new stores in High Street and other quality trading locations.
Like Poundshop and many of its competitors, Poudland operates a continuously rotating product line which includes clearance items and numerous proprietary brands. The company expanded in Europe in 2011 where it opened its first store in the Republic of Ireland under the name Dealz. In 2015, Poundland acquired its closest competitor 99p Stores.
The majority of their approximately 3,500 products are food and drinks. Each year Poundland feautres 10,000 new products. At first, 70% of the company’s stock would carry their branding and logo, however the remove the Poundland branding later on in order to increase sales and created about 50 sub-brands such as Beauty Nation, Kitchen Corner and Toolbox for its value line of DIY products. Aside from their in-house brands they also sell a lot of familiar brands like Colgate, Cadbury’s and Walkers.
Poundland smashed their £3 million fundraising target for their charity partner Macmillan Cancer Support! Watch this video to see their journey together over the last 8 years.
Here at LatestDeals.co.uk our members can take advantage of amazing savings with our Poundland.co.uk sales, discounts, voucher codes and coupon codes shared each month by our community of bargain hunters!
What does Poundland sell?
Everything for £1 was the idea of their founders in 1990 and they have grown to become one of the largest discount and value retailers in the country, with thousands of great products at £1 across over 700 stores and sometimes they also offer special promotions and products at other prices. Poundland works hard to bring you amazing value products every day with over two-thirds being sourced from the UK.
Last year, they sold some amazing products…
- 5.5 million boxes of Maltesers
- 2.5 million umbrellas
- 3 million lightbulbs
- 18 million cans of Coke
- 250,000 garden gnomes
- 4.4 million bags of sugar
- 3 million metres of tinsel
- 5.5 million bars of Toblerone
Every week, millions of savvy customers enjoy the fun and exciting shopping experience of Poundland in hundreds of stores nationwide.
From amazing top brands and daily essential items, to fantastic new lines and stunning wow deals, they hope their quality and variety gives you irresistible value each visit! Find your nearest Poundland store using their Store Finder tool.
Every month Latest Deals members can enjoy unbelievable savings from our sales, discounts, printable coupon codes and promo codes for Poundland shared by our massive community of bargain hunters so make sure to come back every time to see the latest offers we have for you!
How do I contact Poundland?
- For any enquiries or questions about their stores, check out their FAQs section.
- You may email them using their Online Contact Form.
- You may call their Customer Services Team at 0333 2341877.
Customer service opening times:
- Monday to Saturday: 9am – 5pm GMT
- Closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is:
Willenhall West Midlands
What are the delivery options for Poundland?
How do I return an item to Poundland?
In-Store Returns and Refunds
- They offer an exchange or refund on unused items returned within 28 days of purchase.
- The item must be returned in its original packaging, in a resalable condition and with a valid proof of purchase.
- Liquids, food items, pierced jewellery items, underwear or swimwear (if the hygiene label has been removed) are non-refundable due to health and hygiene reasons.
- They also offer a 101 Day Guarantee on all items of their Pep&Co School Wear range. This means that if you’re not entirely satisfied with any purchase from this range, you can return it within 101 days of purchase in order to receive an exchange or full refund.
Promotions and Competitions
From time to time Poundland has Promotions and Competitions where you can win amazing prices and even vouchers which you can redeem in their stores. Some of their recent promotions and competitions include WIN a £250 Virgin Experience Days voucher, WIN with Scratchcards, Pin and you could WIN and Become a Makeup Gallery Ambassador.
The Crafty Beggars from Poundland YouTube Channel
The Crafty Beggars are back with a creative summer activity for the kids! Check out this video on how to make a Disney themed photo frame using products from Poundland.
Crafty Beggars make a Disney photo frame