What is The Entertainer?
The Entertainer (Amersham) Ltd. is the UK's largest independent toy store, which operates 124 shops. The business enterprise was founded by means of the husband and wife team Catherine and Gary in 1981, when they bought a neighbourhood toy shop in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, England.
It began when Catherine and Gary Grant bought The Pram and Toy Bar in Amersham in early 1981. It then became known as The Entertainer. Immediately successful, they soon bought a second store four years later in 1985, in Beaconsfield. Following this, the company underwent fast growth and by 2001 opened its 25th toy store which can be found in the Victoria Centre, Nottingham.
Since the mid-2000s, a larger focus has been on The Entertainer's website. Customers can find a large variety of toys on offer. In January, it reduces the price of many toys and has up to 80% off select lines. Just like Toys R Us and Smyth's Toys, The The Entertainer's online shop TheToyShop.com also features special offers.
Looking to save more? Here at at LatestDeals.co.uk we provide our members with the latest The Entertainer clearance sales and discounts shared exclusively by our generous community of bargain hunters.
Why doesn't The Entertainer open on Sunday and why doesn't it sell Harry Potter?
Gary Grant is a self-confessed evangelical Christian. In accordance with his faith, the store remains closed on Sundays. It also does not stock toys that promote the occult, including Harry Potter. This has caused controversy and was reported in Daily Mail.
What does The Entertainer sell?
TheToyShop.com offers a wide range of toys for ages 0 to 11+, their online catalogue includes the following categories:
- Action Toys & Figures: Whether you want to sling webs with Spider-man, defeat the Decepticons with Optimus Prime, or need that final Avenger to complete your collection you'll find all your favourite action figures here.
- Dolls & Soft Toys: Let your imagination run wild with our great selection of doll and soft toys.
- Lego & Construction: Building stuff has never been this fun with their amazing range of Lego and construction toys.
- Collectibles: They’ve got the all the most popular collectible brands for children to discover.
- Outdoors: Make the most of the good weather with their outdoor toy range.
- Electronic & Educational Toys: Learning doesn’t have to be boring – especially when it comes to our electronic and educational toys!
- Arts & Creative Play: Creative play is essential to children’s physical and emotional development so grab the face paints and get ready for some fun! They’ve got loads of different ways to express creativity from loom bands and children’s craft kits to dressing up costumes.
- Games & Jigsaw: Board games, children’s games or something the whole family can enjoy. There’s nothing like a bit of friendly competition!
- Dressing Up & Role Play: Kids rarely need an excuse to dress up as their favourite character but did you know it’s also an important part of their development? Whether it’s dressing up as a Marvel superhero or Disney Princess, fancy dress and role play is a wonderful way to spark the imagination.
- Baby & Preschool: Give your little one something extra-special from their Baby & Preschool Range. Have fun in the tub with our bath toys or choose a soft toy for a perfect bedtime buddy.
- Cars, Trains & Planes: Whether you’re looking for toy cars or advanced remote control cars, they’ve got every kind of automobile at TheToyShop.com!
- JoJo Bows: JoJo Bows are the playground’s must-have fashion accessories. Inspired by the look of Youtube superstar JoJo Siwa, their bows comes in all different colours and designs.
How do I contact The Entertainer?
- You can call customer support on 0333 320 5100
- To email them, you'll need to fill in this contact form
Alternatively, if you prefer to write to The Entertainer, you can send a letter to (note, this is different from the returns address which is further below):
The Entertainer Customer Services
Boughton Business Park
Bell Lane Little Chalfont
What are the delivery options for The Entertainer?
- Delivery in 3 to 5 working days
- Monday to Friday
- Free delivery over £40 applies for UK mainland only.
- Free - only available for orders of £10 or over.
- Collect from your local store in as little as 30 minutes
- Monday to Saturday during opening times.
- If your order is not in stock in store, it will be delivered to store in 1 - 3 working days.
- They will let you know at the checkout how quickly you can collect.
- Cost - £4.99
- Order by 7pm for next working day delivery.
- Orders placed at other times will take 1-2 working days.
- UK mainland only.
- Cost - £7.99
- Delivery in as little as 90 minutes.
- Same day delivery from your local store.
- They will tell you exactly how long your delivery will take at the checkout.
- Delivery Monday to Saturday.
- Only available for selected postcodes and while stock is available in store.
For more information, read their full Delivery page.
How do I return an item to The Entertainer?
- The easiest thing to do is to take the item to your nearest toy shop. You can find the nearest using the store locator tool.
- You'll need proof of purchase. Returns are accepted up to 28 days after delivery. See more information here
- You need to download and complete a returns form. You can get that form here.
- Cut out the pre-paid postage label from the returns form
- Put the postage label onto your parcel
- Put the rest of the returns form into your parcel with the item you're returning
Returns address for The Entertainer: ReturnsThe Entertainer
Boughton Business Park
Bell Lane Little Chalfont
The Entertainer Official Website
The Entertainer Official Facebook Page
The Entertainer Official Twitter
The Entertainer Official Instagram
The Entertainer Official YouTube Channel
The Entertainer on Wikipedia