What is Zavvi?
Formerly known as Virgin Megastores, Zavvi is a UK and Ireland entertainment retail chain founded in 2007 by Simon Douglas. The company was acquired by a management buy-out team from Richard Branson’s Virgin Group. On March 2009, The Hut Group bought the rights to the Zavvi brand online and re-launched its website with an increased range. The buy-out resulted in Zavvi becoming one of the biggest independent entertainment retailer in the country. After the change of ownership, all 125 Virgin Megastores and Virgin XS stores trader under the Zavvi brand, though some stores retained an individual Virgin Media concession that independently operates from the Zavvi store.
The company overhauled how it operates its chart merchandising with the re-launch of a numeric system or ranking the stock as well as dropping the round pound technique to favour prices ending with 99p. The reason for this was because Zavvi’s products had originally appeared more costly than those of its competitors. Furthermore, to highlight their bargain offers in the chart, they use prominent red and white stickers, typically on items priced at £7.99 and £9.99. Their managing director ruled out too much discounting on its product though they do have a returns policy where customers can return a product for any reason within 28 days upon purchase as long as they are in perfect condition.
Zavvi aim to provide people with the best value entertainment items at the best possible prices. Zavvi.co.uk brings you the best games, Blu-ray, DVDs, music and much more at low prices - plus they offer FREE delivery on everything!
LEGO EXCLUSIVE MYSTERY ZBOX OPENING (Zavvi)
Get great savings on Zavvi here at Latest Deals! We have the latest sales, discounts, coupon codes and voucher codes for Zavvi.co.uk shared each month by our community of bargain hunters!
Tom’s Tip: Buy games, films & More at Zavvi at amazing prices in their fantastic clearance sales! Free UK delivery available.
What does Zavvi sell?
Zavvi’s product range are divided into three primary categories, visual media, games and music. Their games offering consists of games and accessories for all major consoles such as Xbox360, PS3, PS2, PS4, Wii, DS and PSP as well as PC games. Their visual media selection consisted of Blu-ray high-def videos format, subdivided into animation, children’s, comedy, documentary, DVD boxsets, chart/new releases, health & fitness, martial arts, world cinema, TV, drama and films. Their music range features top 100 albums with a back-catalouge subdivided into blues, children’s classical, pop, rock folk, early listening, reggae, soundtracks and more.
Zavvi aimed to be distinct from their competitors by introducing limited edition and exclusive product range. Their online catalogue includes the following categories:
Zavvi has a Clearance section where you can take a pick at their bargain price gamer. Make sure to take advantage of the lower prices across their game range including their latest top sellers and releases! Along with free UK delivery, you can have your choice of games for any console, from any genre, for a fantastically low price. From Star Wars to Disney Lego, Marvel to DC.
How do I contact Zavvi?
- For the time being, Zavvi does not have a contact number. However, for any questions or enquiries, you may use their Help page.
- To message their Customer Service Team, log in to your Zavvi account.
- You may also send them a message via Facebook Messenger.
If you prefer in writing, their postal address is:
The Hut.com Limited
What are the delivery options for Zavvi?
- £1.99 or free on orders over £10.
- £3.95, regular terms and conditions apply for this service. Selected products only.
- £3.95, Monday-Friday.
- Order before 9pm. Sundays and Bank Holidays order before 2pm. Courier will deliver next day (no deliveries take place on a Sunday or Bank Holiday).
- £5.95, order before 9pm Friday.
- Courier will e-mail 1 hour slot and deliver on Saturday.
- £5.95, order before 9pm Friday.
- Courier will e-mail 1 hour slot and deliver on Sunday.
For further details, read their full Delivery page.
How do I return an item to Zavvi?
- Ensure that you have checked your orders upon receipt and before use. If any errors occur or issues arise then these need to be reported to Zavvi right away so that they can investigate.
- It is important to contact their customer service team first before making any returns to request a returns authorisation number. The process may take longer without this number.
- You can cancel your order within 14 days upon receiving your items.
- Items to be returned must be unopened and in any original packaging. Unwanted goods need to be in pristine condition with any retail seals unbroken.
- You will get refunded of all payments including the cost of delivery.
- Refunds will be made after 14 days once they receive your items and will be made on the same means of payment you used for the initial transaction.
The ZBox is a monthly themed box, filled to the brim with memorabilia from your favourite film, TV, and gaming franchises. Prices start at only £16.99.
What you will get:
- An exclusive designed t-shirt
- 4 to 7 products in each box worth over £40
- Discounts on subscriptions for 3, 6, and 12 months
- Free UK and European delivery