Would you rather make a cake from scratch or buy one from the shop 🙂

Hope everyone has a good day

itsjadexo
11 days ago
What do you think of this?
blacklabrador
blacklabrador11 days ago

Depends.

Many cakes from yesteryear you just can't buy anymore.

possy
possy11 days ago

I make bespoke cakes so I am going to say make from scratch or buy a homemade one. Image

itsjadexo
itsjadexo
Original Poster
11 days ago

possy woah that's absolutely amazing do u sell them or buisness x

possy
possy11 days ago

itsjadexo that was my sons cake a couple of weeks ago. I have a business. Dream cakes by Donna on fb, I do wedding cakes aswel just not so many atm 😢. I was brought up on shop bought birthday cakes. But now I make all our cakes x

GSM
GSM11 days ago

possy when I see this kind of cakes it makes me jealous as I don't think there is a way I could do that! It looks amazing

possy
possy10 days ago

GSM Thankyou. I never used to be able to these types of cakes but more I do the better I get

GSM
GSM10 days ago

possy did you learn alone? I guess you need a lot attention to detail

possy
possy10 days ago

GSM yes i am self taught. Yes some cakes a lot of details and takes a lot of time. I enjoy decorating when my son is in bed and I have peace and quiet

TiaTia
TiaTia11 days ago

I enjoy baking my own cakes when I have the time.

ldnnorton
ldnnorton10 days ago

I always buy from a shop. I am a realist and baking is not one of my strengths. It is easier for me to just order a cake or select one from a shop. My better half likes the idea as well as our kitchen always looked like a hurricane had hit it when I was finished.

Pjran
Pjran10 days ago

I do both but homemade are always bigger. How shops say 6-8 portions is unbelievable when in reality it’s only 4.

RachHC
RachHC10 days ago

Depends if it is for an occasion, i bought a shop bought for my sons birthday this week as i can’t decorate cakes nicely 🙈🤣

RachHC
RachHC10 days ago

RachHC although i did decide shop bought due to lockdown so was only for our household or i would have considered buying a homemade

Grannyclock
Grannyclock10 days ago

I prefer home made as I know what’s gone in to them. I often find shop cakes are too sweet although I quite often buy them for my husband and then eat some too.

ptenn00
ptenn0010 days ago

If I was short on time, and/or needed something professional, I'd just buy. It is satisfying making your own, but doesn't always present itself well

neo1
neo110 days ago

Its nice to bake now and then but with all the time effort and costs involved its just cheaper to buy something

hspexy
hspexy10 days ago

I buy if I need, as I rarely bake. It’ll cost me more to get the ingredients and equipment (and time)

alexzlodh
alexzlodh10 days ago

Depends on how much time I have and who the cake is for. Personally I prefer homemade cakes but I bake only for close family members.

Pjran
Pjran10 days ago

Pjran
Pjran10 days ago

I made this sponge Friday and it’s all gone already, not just me, honest.

hrdaniels1980
hrdaniels198010 days ago

I made this the other day for my sons birthday

Pjran
Pjran10 days ago

That looks so yummy I could eat a slice now, with a cup of tea. Let me know when it’s ready and I’ll be there.

hrdaniels1980
hrdaniels198010 days ago

Pjran of course 😂

itsjadexo
itsjadexo
Original Poster
10 days ago

hrdaniels1980 ooh amazing x

itsjadexo
itsjadexo
Original Poster
10 days ago

hrdaniels1980 ooh amazing

beccatavender
beccatavender10 days ago

Whilst I love home baked goods, I am no baker, my sponges don't raise, plus when we downsized we got rid of all our cake tins etc. So, I would buy

Imnotcheap
Imnotcheap10 days ago

I buy cake mix then my daughter decorate them

jamiepownall
jamiepownall10 days ago

I am a mixture. I love baking cakes from scratch. And it helps my mental wellbeing baking. But I think some cakes I would struggle to replicate as good as in the shops or its too much work to do it. So some I would just buy

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals
We use cookies (e.g. personalisation, analytics, social media). Find out more.