Black Friday Scam Websites
Black Friday is the UK's biggest day for online fraud.
If you find a website that you think is a scam, please share the URL here and we will check it for you using our Sherlock skills.
Please feel free to share deal / discount / freebie / competition related websites even if it's not quite Black Friday.
Chanel - www.chanelvelvet.co.uk
- Low res favicon
- Poor grammar throughout e.g. "One Thousand" instead of "1,000" and "enteries" rather than "entries"
- Direct mention to Debenhams to take voucher in. Chanel freebies are always samples through the post.
- Content taken straight from www.chanel.com
- Domain registration address is an incorrect version of Chanel's London Head Office. They've used 9-21 rather than 19-21 for the house no.
- In source, can see the layout is from muffingroup.com
- WordPress default comments haven't been deleted (wouldn't happen with 'real' site!)
- Voucher supposedly sent on 15th August - the same date that the Nakd bar giveaway closes (see below), and we started receiving complaints from people saying they then got unsolicited emails.
Milkmade - www.milkmadeicecream.co.uk
- Poor grammar e.g. "flavors" and "by visiting nearest".
- Direct mention to ASDA, Tesco & Sainsbury's to go and use voucher - it's very unusual for brands to do this.
- Meta description not changed, so it's "Just another WordPress site" like Nakd & Chanel (see other comments)
- Content copied from www.milkmadeicecream.com
- The 'How do we do it' section is an low-res image created from text on the .com version
- Using Contact 7 form like Nakd & Chanel (I suspect same person every time)