1. Home
  2. Chat
  3. Mothers Day!

Mothers Day!

Ask a Question

What is your go to gift for your mum or nan? I'm struggling this year, help!

DeeLondon
1 month ago
What do you think of this?
chelseaturpin
chelseaturpin1 month ago

Not got an ideas hopefuĺly someone on here got some ideas for me to steal lol

Ann1984
Ann19841 month ago

I just get a nice hanging basket and card and small bunch flowers off kids

AliceBell64468
AliceBell644681 month ago

I normally go for a nice bunch of flowers or a potted plant and take her out for a meal or something! 😁

Lynibis
Lynibis1 month ago

Speaking as a mum who no longer has a mum to spoil I can suggest from being on the receiving end of mother's day. The thing I love best is my family around me for quality time together. My sons usually take me to lunch with their wives and my grandchildren. If this is not viable due to finance then go visit with some cakes, flowers, make a pile of sandwiches and do her a lovely afternoon tea. Better than a gift given with no time to spare for her.

ClaireF1978
ClaireF19781 month ago

I totally agree with this as a mum. I also think my mum likes this kind of thing more than most gifts.

lornaae
lornaae1 month ago

This is a great idea! I've never thought of doing a sort of homemade afternoon tea I think my mum would love this!

Glitterandgold
Glitterandgold1 month ago

I'd second what Lynibis says, Quality time!. Time is the most precious thing we can give to anyone. Wish I still had my mum to spend time with. I think the afternoon tea idea is a good one & will even suggest this to my boys.

Pjran
Pjran1 month ago

I love receiving an afternoon tea gift voucher which I always share with my husband. It’s always a special treat.

Faye1
Faye11 month ago

I buy different things every year. Sometimes just a trinket gift sometimes flowers and wine sometimes a spa voucher. I wander round the shops near the time and if I see something that’s nice I get it

Dilligaf
Dilligaf1 month ago

Shouldn't every day be Mothers Day? Why do you need a date on a calendar to have treats from your children or spoil your mother? Just show your appreciation and love every day of the year, spend time together, buy a bunch of flowers etc because you want to, not because a date dictates it. The best presents are your presence

LeighReidAtanas
LeighReidAtanas1 month ago

Usually just flowers and chocolates or I ask her if there is anything she is needing

KirstyW
KirstyW1 month ago

Usually something simple like flowers and a card and we will take her out for lunch or get a takeaway

MichelleKe42857
MichelleKe428571 month ago

Take her out for a meal or a spa day or get nails done etc if she's into it. Like others have said, quality time means more. A card is important too, I keep all mine.

MrsCraig
MrsCraig1 month ago

I always used to buy my mum her favourite whisky. I still do. But as a mum now myself, spending time with my son is the most wonderful thing and I now appreciate how much my mum enjoys spending time with us, so my advice, take her for lunch or invite her over and cook for her, go to the cinema, have a spa day, whatever she would like that means spending time with her.

One of the UK's largest deal hunting communities

Join for free to get genuine deals, money saving advice and help from our friendly community

Kelsey, Tom
& Deepak
Founders
Founders of Latest Deals