Aldi Controversy: Strongbow or Taurus?
Aldi has found itself at the heart of a controversy over the British Summer time favourite drink, cider.
In a post on Facebook Group Latest Deals, Extreme Couponing and Bargains, a member posted a picture of Taurus, a cheaper alternative to Strongbow, and the community of savers went mad.
The photo quickly gained the attention of other shoppers, debating the taste and price: Was it better than Strongbow or not?
- "I love it. It's all I get now. It's just the same."
- "My husband always buys these."
- "Goes down lovely. I don't even like lager but this is nice."
However others felt strongly opposed to it:
- "It's absolutely vile."
- "Tastes foul."
- "Tastes nothing like Stronbow Dark Fruits to be bluntly honest."
- "It can be forced down... but certainly not like the Strongbow version."
The pack of four is being sold by Aldi for just £2.79.
That's almost half the price what Strongbow Dark Fruit is going for. So the question is, is it worth the price?
Neeta Pankhania, another member of the Facebook Group said, "If you get it ice cold, Taurus is great. It's basically Strongbow with some Ribena in it. For half the price, it's the perfect way to save money."
So what do you think: Taurus or Strongbow?