When Are the Last Online Order Dates For Christmas 2017?
- Beware early Christmas order deadlines
- Retailers battle out for the latest shopping date and time
- We’ve broken down the deadlines you need to know
Christmas is fast approaching this year, so if you’re planning on doing your shopping online, we’ve got the dates that you’ll need to place your orders by.
Last minute shoppers will need to be extra careful when ordering this year, as the trend for later and later order dates could be reversed this year, warns parcel delivery specialist ParcelHero.
David Jinks, ParcelHero’s head of consumer research, said, “Last minute online shoppers are going to get a bit of a shock.
“We’ve all got used to putting off Christmas shopping to the last minute, but this year Christmas Eve is on a Sunday, and that spells trouble.
“Worsening the problem, Royal Mail won’t be delivering on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or Boxing Day, leading to a potential logjam for those retailers who still use Royal Mail to deliver their orders.”
Christmas Eve falling on a Sunday means that for many retailers, the last day you can order and have it standard delivered before Christmas will be Thursday the 21st December.
However, some retailers cut off their delivery earlier than this.
We’ve got all the dates you’ll need to get your presents on time.
Sunday 17th December
High end department store Liberty’s has the earliest closing date to be guaranteed your shopping at Christmas. You’ll need to order a week before the big day to get your items in time.
Monday 18th December
A host of retailers cut off their online shopping in time for Christmas on this day, including:
- Coast- Order before 8pm for standard delivery, or 2pm on the 22nd December for next day delivery
- M&S- You’ll need to order before 18th December for standard delivery, or 8pm on 22nd December for next day delivery
- Debenhams- Order before midnight for standard delivery, or 9pm on 22nd December for next day delivery
- The White Company- Customers need to order by midnight on 18th for standard delivery, or the 23rd December for next day
- Hotel Chocolat- For standard delivery, order before 6pm on the 18th, or before 6pm on the 22nd December for next day delivery
- Harvey Nichols- You’ll need to order before 3pm for standard delivery, or before 3pm on the 2th December for next day delivery
Tuesday 19th December
More retailers have set this as their last day of ordering by standard delivery to get everything to you in time for Christmas:
- Office Shoes- Order before midnight on the 19th for standard delivery, or before the 21st December for next day delivery
- Boots- The 19th is the cut off for standard delivery, and the 23rd is the cut off for next day delivery
- John Lewis- Customers must order by 7pm on the 19th for standard delivery, or 8pm on the 22nd December for next day delivery
- Harrods- Order by the 19th for standard delivery, or 3pm on the 21st December for next day
Wednesday 20th December
Retailers have set this mid-week point as a cut off for their standard delivery orders arriving before Christmas:
- Amazon- Order by 20th December for standard or free delivery, the 21st December for standard pick-up, the 23rd December for one-day/express delivery, and the 24th December for same day or prime now delivery. However, individual sellers may vary, so you should check the details at checkout
- Paul Smith- Orders need to be placed by 12pm on the 20th to arrive by Christmas
- The Body Shop- You’ll have to order before 12pm using saver/standard delivery, or before the 21st for special delivery
- Dorothy Perkins- Order by 12pm for standard delivery, or by 2pm on the 23rd December for special delivery
- Boden- Customers need to order before midnight for standard delivery, or before 7pm on the 21st December for special delivery
- Net a Porter- Orders must be placed by 3pm on the 20th December for standard delivery, 3pm on 21st December, or for really last minute shoppers, 10am on the 24th December using Premier Delivery.
- Zavvi- Place orders by 9pm on the 20th for standard delivery, or 22nd December by 9pm using next day delivery
- MandM Direct- Order before 12 for both standard and next day delivery
- Warehouse have said that standard delivery orders placed before 7pm on this day will arrive on time, and next day orders will need to be placed by 7pm on the 22nd December.
- Currys PC World orders will need to be placed by 8pm with next day delivery, or use same day delivery before 1pm on the 24th December
- Argos have said that it will deliver orders taken before 1pm on Christmas Eve, and these will be delivered by 6pm the same day.
- Wednesday 20th December- 2nd class letters and Royal Mail second class signed for packages will need to be sent by this day
- Thursday 21st December- 1st class letters, Royal Mail first class signed for packages, and Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed need to be sent by this date to arrive on time
- Friday 22nd December- Royal Mail Special Delivery Saturday Guaranteed packages have to be sent by this day to arrive on time
- Sainsbury’s- The last delivery slot will be on the 23rd December
- Tesco- The last delivery slot will be on the 23rd December, or the 24th in selected stores only
- Asda- You can book delivery slots until the 23rd December
- M&S Food- The cut off is much earlier, on the 15th December