Where can I get a cheap dress?
Are you looking for a cheap dress? Here you'll find the latest fashion sales for dresses including New Look, Zara, Boohoo and more. Bargain black dresses, smart dresses and evening dresses found by our community of deal hunters. A large number of Latest Dealers enjoy shopping and share the best money saving offers here to help you save money. You'll also find information about upcoming sales such as Sainsbury's Tu Clothing, NEXT, and even Amazon Fashion. Remember to look for voucher codes to stack on top. You can also see our popular Retailers page to see deals from just the brand you like.Read more
Whether you’re shopping online from a big retailer or a custom clothier, you can definitely get great styles at amazing bargain prices. But one of the worries of buying clothes that you can’t personally see first is that the item of clothing may not fit you perfectly and you’ll just end up wasting your money. Whether you’re looking for a formal dress, casual, work, party dress or even the perfect little black dress, this article will provide you with tips and advice on how to make sure you get the perfect dress to fit you and your budget.
Here at Latest Deals we you’ll also find cheap dresses and deals from your favourite clothing retailers like Next, Laura Ashley, Miss Selfridge, Roxy, Debenhams, Topshop, Zara, Boohoo, Mango Outlet and more! Our savvy team of bargain hunters are always on the lookout for the best possible deals on dresses. Every day they post new and exciting deals, offers, dress sale, discounts and voucher codes that you can take advantage of both online and in-store. Plus, read our Official Guide to Cheap Clothes including a list of the best retailers for discounts, how to find cheap designer clothes, secret sale groups and even how to get it all for free.
How to get proper measurements
One of the first things you need to do to before buying any clothes online is to make sure you get your correct measurements. Once you know what your size is, you’ll be able to shop without the fear of having to return the dress. Keep in mind that not all clothing companies have the same size, so a large size from one retailer may be medium size to another. It is not common for these designers and labels to confuse their customers purposefully even though the whole point of these sizes in inches or centimetres is to provide customer’s standards. So, the best way to get the best fit is to take your own measurements. Here are a couple of ways how you can do it:
- Ask a professional to take your measurements for you. This is the best way to get an accurate measurement.
- Take the measurements yourself if you don’t know any pro who can do take them for you. You can find guides online on how to properly take measurements and if there are areas where you find it hard to reach, you can always ask a family member or friend to help you out.
Look for the right retailers and always look at their sizing charts
Once you’ve gotten your measurements, you can simply look at an online retailer’s size chart and you’ll and find the perfect dress size for you. This is most important if you’re shopping online for retailers that carry various designers and labels. Although there are a handful online-only clothiers such as PiperLime, Mikkat Market and Asos that offer size guarantees, it’s still essential to have a look at their sizing charts before purchasing anything. It is even more important if you’re buying dresses for women from a site like Amazon and eBay.
Here’s a list of the best online retailers to purchase women’s dresses:
Where can I find cheap dresses UK deals?
Boohoo dresses sale
- You can find cheap dresses at Boohoo where they often have dress sale where you can get savings of up to 60% off on select dresses for women. You can also get chic Boohoo dresses for as little as £7.
- If you’re looking a great summer clothes sale, checkout the wide selection of summer dresses at Asos’ summer sale! They have all sorts of style, prints and fits to get your ready for the summer for as little as £6! You can save up to 50% off on over 1,000 dresses.
- Another great dress sale to take advantage of is at Missguided. The retailer offers up to 70% off on a great selection of dresses from jumper dresses to long evening dresses.
- You can find Next dresses reduced for up to 70% off as well. You can get a lovely floral dress here for just £8 from its original price of £26. They have a great selection of cheap clothes that are both stylish and versatile.
Types of dresses
You can wear an everyday shift dress in the office, social outings or running errands. These type could include long sleeve dresses and shirt dresses. Casual dresses are a good investment since they are versatile. Formal and cocktail dresses are for special occasions, it is recommended for a woman to own a few of these on hand for formal dinners, parties and weddings.
1. By occasion
- Wedding and bridesmaid dresses
- Cocktail and party dresses
- Evening and formal dresses
- Work dress
- Festival dress
- Races dress
Cocktail dresses for women
2. By style
- Everyday dress: You can wear it to work or to the beach since they are casual and free.
- Little black dress: When it comes to LBDs, simply opt for a style that works well with your body shape and wear it with attitude.
- Maxi dress: It’s a perfect choice if you want to look effortlessly elegant either day or night.
- Bodycon dress: Short for body conscious dress, this is the ultimate body hugging dress for women who simply wants to flaunt their fab curves.
- Mini dress: If you have killer legs that you want to show the world, this is the perfect dress for you. Petite women will seem longer also with a mini dress.
Body con women's dresses
- Shirt dress: This is basically a long shirt that works just like a dress. Although it’s comfy but moderately shapeless. So if you want to flatter your shape you have to wear a belt with it.
- Peplum dress: This dress will work great if you have a small waist and wide or big shoulders.
- Swing dress: A long fitting dress that has a wide shirt which was popular in the 40s and 50s that’s given a modern touch today.
- Curvy and plus size dresses: Generally, these are not a dress type, but you’ll often see them have their own category on online shops. These dresses are especially designed to show the assets of women with curves.
- Shift dress: This is similar to a shirt dress. This classic shapeless and long dress is ideal to use at work and often comes sleeveless.
- Wrap dress: This type will add depth and layer to your overall look and at the same time give you a bit of breathing room around your waist area.
- Sheath dress: A body hugging dress that gives your tummy some breathing room that works best for women with shorter legs.
Your body shape
Women’s body shapes come in five categories that corresponds to a dress design that will fit perfectly to each shape.
- Pear-shaped: A woman’s upper body is wider in comparison to her upper body, which means that her hips are wider than her shoulders.
- Rectangle-shaped: Where a woman’s shoulders and hips have almost the same width.
- Strawberry-shaped: This body shape is the opposite of pear-shaped, where a woman has a broader chest area, narrow waist and wide shoulders.
- Hourglass-shaped: A woman with a tiny waist and have hips and shoulders that have the same proportions.
- Apple-shaped: This is when your ribs, shoulders and back are broader.