Deals and voucher codes on garden furniture sets, garden storage and news on garden furniture sales from our community here at LatestDeals
The LatestDeals community includes a keen group of gardeners, always on the lookout for a good deal! From deals on luxury rattan garden furniture sets, simple garden table and chairs for your morning coffee right through to practical garden storage solutions and plant offers, LatestDeals links you up to the best deals and voucher codes out there to make the most of your outdoor time.Read more
Deals and voucher codes on garden furniture sets, garden storage and news on garden furniture sales from our community here at LatestDeals!
The LatestDeals community includes a keen group of gardeners, always on the lookout for a good deal! Be it rattan garden furniture, a garden storage box, plants/flower offers or news of a great garden furniture sale you're sure to find some help from our contributors here.
Here's a guide to some of the great products our community are posting and buying.
Cheap garden deals in the UK
Argos cheap garden deals
Gardening is one of Brits’ most beloved pastimes. As the English poet Francis Bacon said, “A garden is the purest of human pleasures”. There is no doubt that he is right in his pronouncement. According to a research done by the University of Essex’s healthy charity mind department, spending time outdoors while doing gentle workouts can boost a person’s confidence and improve his personal wellbeing as well. So, if you’re an up and coming gardener looking to benefit from its healing effects but and save money on the process, you’ve come to the right place.
Here at Latest Deals, you’ll find only the best garden deals posted and verified by our savvy team of bargain hunters. We have everything from Easter garden deals to Black Friday garden deals in the UK that you can take advantage of. Get garden bench deals and garden furniture deals and voucher codes from Groupon, Gardening Express, Amazon, eBay, Tesco, Argos, Lidl, Screwfix, B&M, GoGroopie and more. To complete the look, our keen bargain hunting community have also found great deals on garden swings, parasols, barbecues and solar lights.
Cheap garden furniture deals at Tesco
If you’re looking for home garden décor ideas, Groupon offers the best deals on garden furniture sets with up to 70% off and up to 90% off deals on Groupon garden plants and Groupon garden lights. You can also discover essential equipment, stylish outdoor furniture and unique design ideas at Tesco. Shope their complete garden range and outdoor clearance and save as much as £10 on selected items.
Another great place to shop online for garden essentials is Argos. Browse their clearance home and garden and get bargain deals across all their clearance categories with affordable selections and some higher end items, whatever it is you need, you can be sure you’ll find it here. Be sure to invest in some of their discounted sale products to improve your garden. Save as much as 50% off on lawnmowers, garden power tools, gardening tools, barbecues, garden heating and garden furniture.
Whilst promotions occur throughout the year, remember that the best garden furniture sale is likely to be end of season i.e. in Autumn when it's getting cold, be prepared and buy ahead for next summer!
Always remember when any garden furniture is not in use to either store it away or for larger items, invest in an appropriate cover to prolong the life of the product.
Gardening Express is the centre for garden plants and flowers as well as garden accessories. It is UK’s no.1 online specialist when it comes to gardening. They’ve built their business from a small concern into a fully-fledged wing of the contry’s horticultural gardening army; supplying all sorts of people their plants. From TV shows and celebrities, garden designers and professional landscapers to keen amateur gardeners and people just brightening their surroundings at home, they are here to help.
Their website contains a wonderful selection of garden plants and flowers, perfect for your borders and beds, patio containers and hanging baskets. They have roses, bamboos and grasses, as well as screening and hedging plants, fruit trees like cherry, fig, apples, plum and pears. They also grow an extensive range of hardy herbaceous perennials, shrubs, climbers and ferns, hydrangea, lavender and clematis plants being some of the favourites. Also, don’t miss out on Japanese maples and acers, which are one of their specialties. You can also find palms, bay trees, buxus, olives, box topiary and specimen plants. All in all they grow thousands and thousands of hardy plants on their Essex nursery that spans more than 14 acres.
- Gloves. Blisters and prickly bushes are common amongst gardeners. Make sure to protect your hands to enable you to keep on working for longer. There are a lot of gloves you can choose from, so take the time to try on different styles and sizes until you find the one that fits you perfectly. When shopping online, you can ask the shop’s support for the specs of the gloves and ensure they have a good returns policy. Also opt for brightly coloured ones to you can easily find them when you put them down in the garden.
- Spade and fork. Soil digging and turning takes time and a lot of effort, so make sure you have the proper tools. The right spade and fork size will make the job easier.
- Knee pads or kneeler. There are works that will require you to get down on your hands and knees, so it is important to protect your joints as well. Choose the right one for you from a kneeler or pad. Plenty of padding will make the rough ground a bit more comfy.
- Trowel. For planting new bulbs, close uAp work and repotting your plants, you will need a trowel. It is quite handy for both digging and weeding in awkward places. Opt for a good quality trowel and buy the best one you can afford. Also, check online reviews, where other gardeners have done some testing for you.
- Watering can or hose. Although UK has its own fair share of rain, you will still need to give Mother Nature a hand from time to time by watering your tubs, newly planted items and plants. Look for a watering can of good quality and easy to carry and hold. For seedlings, buy one with a detachable rose for more water flow control and for raised beds or hanging baskets, look for a can with a long spout.
- Pruning shears. Maintain your plant’s health and shape your garden’s feel and look by cutting and pruning.
- Lawn mower. This is important if you have a lawn. You need to look for the right model for your space. Maintaining it has become an art of some sort today and choosing the ideal lawn mower guarantees that your lawn will stay healthy.
As the days get warmer and thoughts turn to enjoying a glass of wine outside or playing with the kids in the garden, many of us invariably start to eye up beautiful rattan garden furniture sets with matching coffee tables or smart table and chair sets or maybe just a small garden bench to place in that corner for the last of the afternoon sun.
It is definitely fun to buy a new set of garden furniture, but it can be overwhelming as well as there are so many options to consider and decisions you need to make. The beauty of a garden is that they’re all unique and different. When looking for a new piece of garden furniture, it’s really all about you, your budget and your garden. When buying garden furniture for the first time, it pays to always plan and note down the following
- What budget do I have to spend on garden furniture?
- Who will be using these items and for what purpose? A simple garden table and chairs or maybe even just a bench can work for a young couple but a larger family will likely require a garden furniture set
- How often/many times a year will we use our garden furniture?
- How big is my garden? Consider bistro sets and folding chairs for smaller spaces, always take measurements before buying
- Where will I put it? Consider whether the furniture will fit a particular space allowing people to move around and not causing any obstructions to doors or other items.
If you don’t normally have meals outdoors, you may want to consider a low sofa-style seating to have that formal suite arrangement. If your budget permits it, opt for some additional spaces for guests. Consider purchasing some separate chairs or loungers you can bring out when there’s a need to.
The same rule applies to individual, smaller pieces like garden benches. These are available in various lengths from 2 feet to 8 feet and are wonderfully flexible. Depending on the space you have, you can choose a single long bench if you want to make the most of your fabulous view, or opt for a couple of shorter ones facing each other, which are perfect for a late afternoon family BBQ.
Fortunately, todays shoppers have a wide range of items that look just as good, are practical, sturdy and affordable especially with the widespread availability of synthetic rattan garden furniture or "rattan-effect" which offers a beautiful natural look, is easy to clean and very weather resistant. Other materials vary in longevity, durability and aesthetics:
- Wood garden furniture is extremely attractive and especially popular material for the traditional garden bench. It can be long lasting however does require annual care and protection e.g. staining. Store away for winter
- Metal garden furniture offers a modern/industrial look and often used for simple table and chair sets such as bistro sets. Usually best used with a seat pad for comfort and ensure you buy one that has been treated for rust. Store away when not in use.
- Plastic garden furniture sets tend to be very economical and durable. It can however look less aesthetically pleasing and can be vulnerable to windy weather.
Garden storage options range from the traditional garden shed through to the small garden storage box. In fact, some people these days are even taking this concept a step further with the rise of the larger and more permanent garden room or outhouse. Uses of these buildings range from traditional tool and toy storage right through to more formal use as an extra room or home office.
Think carefully about your garden storage requirements:
- Do your garden table and chairs or accessories (cushions, parasols, barbecues) need to be stored away in winter?
- How much space do you need for gardening tools and products like compost and fertiliser?
- How much space is needed for the kids bikes and toys?
- How valuable are these items - can the garden storage be locked and is it fixed to the ground?
At the large end of the scale a garden shed can offer space, security and sturdiness. Consider the size of shed, weather resistance and how easy it is to put up - most need at least two people. Materials vary too with wood being the most attractive albeit requiring similar maintenance to wood garden furniture. Metal sheds are known for being practical, durable and secure.
The garden storage box is a compact alternative to the garden shed and comes in numerous forms:
- Garden storage box or chest - wheels and handles aid mobility, tapered roofs protect against rainwater, lockable
- A bike store can come in metal, wood or resin and offer secure solutions for bikes which are continuing to rise in popularity
- A garden storage bench can double up as a useful seat
- Bin stores - Practical and aesthetic solution to hiding away the bin
Garden storage tends to be a less seasonally driven product (and therefore less scope for big price discrepancies/sales) than garden furniture as they are typically products in demand all year round. Deals on garden storage from the LatestDeals community come from a variety of sources such as Argos, Homebase and Amazon.
Gardening tools and plants/flowers
Plants bring life and colour to your garden and can cheer up even the gloomiest of patios. Plants have long been something to buy traditionally in person at homeware stores and specialist garden centres, however the online plant industry has boomed in recent years giving gardeners not only convenience but also a much wider variety of choice than before. Hard to find or rare species can now be ordered in a few clicks from nurseries up and down the country who are now set up to sell direct to gardeners.
Plant deals at LatestDeals can include freebies or discounts on certain plants and seeds but most often our members post great voucher codes (giving the user a certain % off at certain online gardening stores) or great competitions offering the chance to win garden makeovers or cash equivalent prizes to spend on plants and gardening tools at specified retailers.
Our community also regularly posts a great selection of deals on gardening equipment, by far the most popular being deals and offers on lawnmowers and strimmers! But we have also posted some great deals on wheelbarrows, spades and even a leaf blower at one point so be sure to check this section to avoid missing out.