Playing the guitar definitely has many benefits. It improves your social skills. The guitar is a musical instrument that brings people together and lets them connect to one another. You will also become a well-rounded person since learning how to play the guitar contributes to personal development.
It will also improve your memory and concentration. Learning to read guitar chords and tabs and mastering them takes dedicated and passions. Once you have mastered a song and played it well, it will boost your confidence and make you feel good about what you have accomplished.
You will also improve your intelligence, focus, and motor skills. Playing the guitar provides lots of cognitive benefits which will further improve your mental health. Music is the food for the soul and learning how to play the guitar is one step in increasing your mental and spiritual nourishment.
Where Can I Find Cheap Guitar Deals in the UK?
If you’re interested in getting a guitar but on a tight budget, there are special offers for acoustic and electric guitars in which there are discount codes that you can apply. You can even get a Full-size classical acoustic guitar at half the price when you use the latest voucher codes from major UK retailers such as Amazon, Argos, Gear4Music & Maplin just to name a few. Cheap electric guitars are being sold by reputable UK retailers online.
Here at Latest Deals, you can find the best guitar deals across the UK. Our community of bargain hunters and team of money-saving experts verify and share deals which can provide you with some money off on your purchases. Take advantage of guitar sale, price drops, clearance sale, discounts and voucher codes from top brands such as Fender, Gibson, Burns, JJ Guitar, Gordon Smith and Martin Smith.
Best UK Sites to Buy Guitars
You can find guitars and gear at Amazon Warehouse with fantastic discounts. The popular online retailer has everything from electric and bass guitars to classic acoustic guitars. You can also find cheap guitar amps, distortion pedals, picks, guitar stands, strings and so much more. Amazon Prime member even gets exclusive discounts and free delivery.
Gear4Music has a clearance section for a wide range of guitars, amps, effects and accessories. Take advantage of their sales and special offers which also includes free returns, 2 year warranty and a 30 day money back guarantee.
Shop for cheap acoustic guitar in Argos as well as cheap electric guitar deals and save up to 30% off or free delivery on their clearance sale. Make sure to look for their WOW deals where the retailer offers their lowest possible price on selected guitars and accessories.
If you’re interested to learn how to play the guitar, Groupon has special offers where you can get an online guitar course from Totally Guitars with a savings of over 90% off as well as 75% off on electric and bass guitar lessons from Waithe Studios.
What to Consider when Choosing an Acoustic Guitar
- Budget and Purpose. How much are you willing to spend on your instrument and how are you going to use it. Are you professional guitarists or playing the guitar is just your hobby? If you are a new guitar player, you don’t want to spend too much since you will be using it to practice.
- Styles and Sound. Every individual has a personal preference. Choose the one that suits your style and needs. You might also be interested to get a guitar that you are comfortable playing and which produces the best quality of sound.
- Construction and Design. Once you are familiar with the design and built of an acoustic guitar, you will be able to hear and see subtle differences which will help you choose the right instrument for you.
- Acoustic Guitar Anatomy. The instrument should have all the necessary parts including the fretboard, neck, body, and headstock. It should also have the appropriate shape and size since it greatly influences the quality of sound.
- Acoustic Guitar Parts. You also have the option to buy a guitar with nylon strings or steel strings. The instrument can also be made from various kinds of wood like Cocobolo, Ebony, Maple, and Granadillo.
- Compact Headstock. Different models vary in design thus they also differ in performance. A guitar that has a smaller headstock has less energy drain. This is best when you using a vibrato.
- Graphite Nut. Having a graphite nut ensures smoother tuning since it eliminates the tendency of the sting to bind to the nut.
- Duncan Design Pickups. It provides incredible sound which is essential when playing music. This allows the musician to play beautiful music because of the higher sound quality.
- Arch Top Construction. By adding mass under the bridge, it becomes rigid and has a more concrete sound. It will greatly improve your playing range.
- Flange Base Bridge. This creates a more stable platform. It also reduces the tendency of the bridge to compromise and shift string performance.
- Grover Tuners. Grover machine heads make guitar tuning more accurate. Having smooth high ratio sealed gears makes the sound of your guitar more exquisite.