Today, Sky has made it even easier and simpler for their new customers to explore their options as they standardized their default package with a £20 flat monthly cost. On top of it, you can opt to pay for add-ons like Sky Cinema, Sky Box Sets and Sky Sports. Every month, our massive community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout for the latest and best Sky deals and Sky offer code to ensure that you will get only the very best prices out there. So whether you’re looking for a free TV with Sky or Sky TV deals for existing customers, you’ve come to the right place!
About the company
Sky is the brand name for Sky plc's United Kingdom digital satellite television and telecommunications services. Slogans that have used for marketing include "What do you want to watch?", "Entertainment your way" and the current slogan "Believe in Better". They have also aired several advertisements featuring characters from Minions, Inside Out, Kung Fu Panda 3, The Secret Life of Pets and The Lego Batman Movie.
They are a valued part of everyday life in over 11 million homes. They entertain, excite and inspire customers with a great choice of high-quality television in high definition. They make technology simple and put their viewers in control. They connect people to each other and to the world with their broadband and phone services. Millions of customers choose the company’s products and services because they love the quality entertainment they provide. Sky also understand the importance of great TV and they invest around £2 billion a year in their channels to make sure their valued customers get what they want.
Sky Q stores over 1,000 hours of TV, so you don’t have to worry about deleting stuff. And, you can record 6 shows while you watch a 7th, so you don’t have to worry about clashes either.
Sky deals for new customers 2018
Sky has reformat their old multiple levels of Sky TV packages that new customers can choose from. The Sky Entertainment pack for £20 a month is the Sky deals for new customers this 2018. Aside from the standardize default package, Sky TV packages by default will also include a 1TB Sky Q box upon signing up. New customers will be presented by this when selecting a Sky TV package from the list of Sky offers available. The one-off setup cost for this is only £20, but if you will get the 2TB one, it’ll cost you a whopping £120 for setup, though the monthly price of the package will not change.
You can still get the Sky Q box for a much lower cost of £65 if you will instead opt to add Sky Q Multiscreen to your bundle for just £12 per month. Aside from getting a higher storage space, the 2TB Sky Q also comes with some advantages like instead of 3, it has the ability to record 6 shows at once while you’re watching a seventh. Aside from this, it also comes with a rather fancy remote control, the Sky Q Touch, added tablet allowance, and the best thing about it is you have the luxury of watching select channels in Ultra HD! This is especially great if you’ve gotten yourself a 4K TV.
Sky TV deals for new customers
Free TV with Sky. Sky usually have flash TV sales where customers can choose from £100 voucher from huge retailers such as Tesco and Marks & Spencer, Amazon.co.uk gift card or a TV like a 32” LG TV available for new customers that will buy a Sky TV package online.
Sky TV deals for existing customers
Here’s a list of great Sky TV and broadband deals for existing customers available on Sky.com. In addition, if you’re looking for Sky offer code, make sure to check out the Sky deals our bargain hunters have dug up. We have the latest voucher codes, sales, offers and discount codes that will surely give you unbelievable savings.
Sky TV deals for existing customers
- All 8 Sky Sports channels. If you have an existing Sky TV package, you can also avail all 8 Sky Sports channels for only £20 per month upon re-contract of your current package, giving you a savings of more than 25% compared to those regular customers without a contract.
- Sky Cinema. You also have a choice to add Sky Cinema on top of the deal above for an extra £10 per month, saving you more than 40%.
- Sky box sets upgrade. You will not pay for any set-up cost when upgrading your box sets. For just an extra £5 a month, not only will you be able to watch on-demand episodes of hit shows, but you will also get a library of around 350 UK and US series.
- Sky HD upgrade. You won’t have to pay for a set-up cost here either and you get to enjoy 46 HD channels.
- Sky broadband fibre unlimited upgrade. Existing customers gets unlimited broadband without any usage caps for only £18 a month instead of £28.99 a month when re-contracting their Sky TV package £20.
- Sky Go Extra upgrade. Enjoy the TV you love, anytime, anywhere and never miss out on your favourite show at no extra cost. The deal also includes your Sky Entertainment pack.
What are the Sky TV add-ons available?
Sky TV add-ons seem to be cheaper than what most providers have to offer. Also, it’s easier to see whether you’re an existing customer wanting to level your current deal or a new customer building a bundle.
- Sky TV in HD - £5/month
- Sky TV Box Sets - £5/month
- Sky Cinema - £10/month
- Sky Kids - £5/month
- Sky Sports complete pack - £20/month for an 18mo. contract, £27.50/month for no contract, £18/month for one channel and £22/month for two channels.
- Sky Q multiscreens - £12/month, £20 for first extra TV and £99 per additional TV.
- Sky fibre broadband - £18.99-£5 44/month for an 18mo. contract with £19.95 one-off set-up fee.
Sky vs Virgin Media
The table shows that Sky just won over Virgin Media with a slight margin when it comes to number of subscribers/homes
Sky and Virgin Media are two of the biggest home entertainment providers. The main differences between these two are the following:
- Availability across the UK.
- Broadband services.
- Choice of channels as each company holds different rights.
However, both these companies are known for providing their new customers with really good deals as well as offering vouchers. A Virgin TV deal will usually come in a bundle. For example, a Virgin TV, broadband and phone bundle costs £33/month on a 12mo. contract with a £20 activation fee. Virgin TV is actually more limited and only about 50% of household, mostly in major cities can access it. But according to the company, more homes are coming in the next few years and this will also include an increase in the number of smaller communities.