When summer starts to peek, everyone gets excited to plan for a thrilling adventure and vacation. You have waited long enough for it. It would not hurt to plot activities that you can do under the sun with both your family and friends. After all the craziness and busyness in the city, you have earned this family break. One of the best ways to spend yours is by visiting the Blackpool.
Blackpool is a seaside resort situated on the Lancashire coast in North West England. You will see its town on the Irish Sea, somewhere between the Wyre and the Ribble estuaries. In Lancashire, it is considered to be the most populous town with an estimated number of 139,720 in population.
The place is dubbed as England’s centre of tourism, with its well-known landmarks and attractions. Blackpool gained this status in the year 1840 when a railway was built as a connection to various industrialised regions in Northern England. The railway is beneficial up to this day because it enables visitors to travel back and forth without spending too much.
If you are considering this in your itinerary, you are very fortunate because there are affordable deals waiting for you in the internet. Use some of them to get a taste of the lush and the high life in Blackpool.
Five Famous Attractions to Visit in Blackpool, England
A place for the thrill seekers, Blackpool has so much to offer including its iconic beach side attractions. Here’s a list of famous attractions you should go and experience with family:
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach. This is an amusement park famous for its roller coasters and a must visit place for Nickelodeon lovers. You will surely want to visit this place as it is the first when it comes to the biggest, fastest, most-terror inducing roller coasters.
- Blackpool Tower. This is England’s own Eiffel Tower which topped off an entertainment complex including the Tower Eye, Tower Circus, Tower Ballroom, Tower Dungeon and much more. This is very famous for its seaside town and another big attraction is the tower itself which was inspired by Parisian cousin and stands 518 ft tall.
- Blackpool Illuminations. Each year, 66 days are dedicated to setting the night sky on fire with million of light bulbs. Wouldn’t it be amazing to see lights? Glorious lights! Every end of August up until November, the Blackpool Illuminations are switched up and traditionally speaking, this meant that as the holiday season is about to end, Blackpool lights up.
- Sandcastle Waterpark. If you’re looking for large scale attractions, might as well go to the biggest indoor waterpark in the UK - the Sandcastle Waterpark where even on rainy days, you can still get a good soaking. Thrills are what this place offers where you can slip, slide and splash without worrying what’s the weather outside.
- Winter Gardens. The last major entertainment to tick off your Blackpool list is the Winter Gardens where you can find the Opera House and Empress Ballroom. This classic attraction can cater 3000 people into the Opera House where you can see a variety of big touring musicals any musicians will love!
Blackpool, England in 4K
Budget-Friendly Activities in Blackpool
Who says you have to break your bank account to make the most of Blackpool? As one of the traditional places in UK that can offer you authentic and conventional beachside experience, it should not really come as a surprise why this is always included in the bucket list of everyone when it comes to day and holiday trips.
Vacations can be quite expensive, most especially if you did not plan well. Good thing, this should not be a problem with Blackpool. Here are some of the activities you can do in the place that will not burn a hole in your wallet. Note the following:
- Visit the beach, piers, and promenade. This is the starter if your goal is to learn the traditional British summer time. You can build sandcastles and soak in the sea while relaxing. To complete your experience, do not fail to ride the Central Pier Ferris. This can be your access towards a fantastic view in Blackpool. Aside from this, you can also stroll down on the promenade. This will connect you to the beach even closer. Go for a walk and have fun and drinks!
- Picnic in Stanley Park. Stanley Park is one of the main parks in the area of Blackpool. It can be your day trip destination in summer as well. One of the admirable features of this place are the historical buildings that surround it. On top of this, you can also roam around the stunning gardens which are ideal for children and family.
- Stroll to legendary attractions. Your seaside resort trip will not be completed without a close encounter with The Blackpool Tower. As you may all know, the place has gone a £5m revamp that will make your experience even worthwhile. There is a bumper that comes with a 4D cinema with amazing effects, smells, and sights. You can go through this by following the journey of a little boy. When you are already on the peak of the tower, you can have the breathtaking view of the place, thanks to the SkyWalk.
- Muse at the Grundy Art Gallery. This Grundy Art Gallery has visual art exhibitions that vary from new to old artists all over the world. It is inevitable that changes happen, and they can also be witnessed in the exhibits. If you are curious about some culture and you want to learn more about them, you can include a walk to this gallery as an answer to that flaming desire. The bonus is that the admission is free so grab the opportunity.
How to Get Cheap Blackpool Deals Online
Blackpool is a seaside resort located in North West England and known as the centre of tourism in England. It also still remains as the summer entertainment venue with lots of attractions to offer. If you want to travel Blackpool and looking for the best Blackpool family holiday packages or a cheap weekend trip to Blackpool, you’ve come to the right place! You can also enjoy Nickelodeon Land and Big One roller coaster rides without hurting your pockets.
You can find all the best and cheapest Blackpool beach, Nickelodeon Land theme park, Broadway Hotel Blackpool England, and so much more here at Latest Deals. We have a community of bargain hunters who are always looking out for the best possible cheap Blackpool UK offers and the best price price on weekend breaks from major UK retailers that will provide with some serious money off on your purchases. While our team of money-saving experts are regularly sharing essential tips and tricks to help you save on your instore and online shopping. Most UK retailers such as Wowcher, Groupon, and Blackpool Pleasure Beach among others, often have sale, clearances, and flash sales where you can save as much as 70% off on a wide array of Blackpool deals. They also reduce their offers further during Black Friday and Boxing Day. You can also maximise your savings and get additional discounts by using the latest Blackpool discount codes you can find here. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies.
Remember though that the promos and offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so grab them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic savings and everyday low prices from your favourite UK retailers.