How to find a cheap hotel
Are you looking for a cheap hotel for your travels? To get better results, please use the 'Travel' filter . Here, you'll find all the latest hotel deals and discounts. This includes bookings made through LastMinute.com, Expedia, or other sites such as GoGroopie. However, you'll also find bargains Latest Deals have found to individual hotels - whether that's the upmarket Shangri-La, mid-range Hilton, or a basic Premier Inn. Plus, get hotel voucher codes and flash sales. Our bargain hunting community is always on the search for cheap holidays and you may be interested in cheap flights.Read more
One of the most significant segments of the UK’s accommodation sector is the hotel industry. A total of 17.4 billion British pounds in revenue was generated by the hotel industry in 2015 alone, thus, it is the most valuable in terms of contribution in the country’s economy compared to other accommodation services.
Leading hotel companies in the UK include Whitbread, owner of the Premier Inn hotel brand and Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG), owner of brands like Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza. In the international hotel industry, IHG is a major player, boasting one of the highest revenues of any other company.
2017 saw hoteliers in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast, like London, see a boost from the exchange rate attracting international holiday travellers and this has pushed their RevPAR performance into double digit growth. Edinburgh and Belfast have seen ADR gains alone of 14.8% and 13% whereas Cardiff’s additional hosting of the Champions League Final in June, helped lift occupancy and rates and pushed RevPAR to almost 11% RevPAR growth in the first half of the year. Plymouth, Sheffield, Glasgow, York and Liverpool have also seen robust growth.
Occupancy rates are one of the main indicators used to measure performance in the hotel industry, along with average daily rates (ADR) and revenue per available room (RevPAR). Annual occupancy rates for the UK generally showed an increasing trend up to 2015, as did bedroom occupancy rates. In 2015 the RevPAR of UK hotels reached roughly 67.5 British pounds per available room, charging an ADR of around 87 British pounds. Both figures were forecast to increase in the following years. - PWC UK
London enjoyed occupancy growth of 2.6% and ADR gains of 6.3% driving RevPAR growth of 9%, compared to the same period last year. The surge in overseas tourism has been boosted by North American visitors, with sterling at the lowest it’s been against the dollar for 30 years. - PWC UK
London is a key market for the hotel sector, both in Britain and Europe, where the city has one of the highest occupancy rates compared to other major European city destinations. Hotels are broken down by star rating, from 1 star budget accommodation to 5 star luxury hotels. The largest concentration of hotel rooms can be found in the city of London and Westminster boroughs with over 37,000 rooms as of July 2015.
How to Find Cheap Hotel Deals
If you’re looking for cheap hotel deals in the UK, here at Latest Deals you’ll find money saving offers online to ensure you’ll enjoy a relaxing vacation without bending your budget. Whether you’re looking for hotel deals in the UK with dinner, bed and breakfast, last minute hotel deals, a romantic weekend breaks for couples, all inclusive weekend breaks for the whole family or even luxury hotel deals UK, you’ll find it here. Our team of money saving experts and community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout to find the best possible cheap hotels including Travelzoo UK deals and hotel special offers to post and share. Plus our quick guide below on how to book hotels for less, which includes voucher codes, deals, Airbnbs and country cottages will surely help you save on your dream getaway.
If you’re fortunate enough to be going out of the country with your family this year or indulging in a stress-free staycation, it may be time to book your accommodation before rates increase last minute. Here are some tips on how you can find the best hotel deals, whether you’re looking six months in advance of last minute.
Prices of hotel varies by agent and provider. For example, staying at The Marriott Hotel in London in September 1, 2017 booked via its website is likely to be different from the rates in Travelzoo, Last Minute and Expedia UK, so it is important to always do your research online. Also, if you’re a frequent traveler, some cashback tricks and reward schemes can help you earn as you stay, which may eventually lead to a free room.
- You can get 40% off Trivago and compare prices across 700,000 hotels. Not all hotels are listed though, so make sure to compare price on other websites as well.
- Earn cashback on your stay on websites like TopCashback and Quidco. Simply sign up for fee and buy a product or service from one of their partner retailers and you will get cashbacks usually after two weeks.
- Always compare prices to ensure you’re getting the cheapest possible hotel deal. Websites like LoveHolidays and GoCompare.com are experts at this, where the site will go through millions of deals and hundreds of websites to provide you with a roundup of the best prices on hotels.
- If you’ve find a hotel deal that’s significantly cheaper for the same date compared to another site, find out whether taxes are included to the advertised rate.
- Consider top secret hotel. Many four and five star hotels offer discounts anonymously and run secret deals for their mystery hotel rooms, meaning you will be able to get great deals but you won’t know where you’re going to stay until the night you’ve arrived. Websites like Last Minute and Late Rooms have top secret hotels booking system that you may want to check out.
- Save hundreds of pound on a family holiday by booking a villa. You may want to consider private home rentals from Airbnb. Although you will be responsible for your own washing up and cleaning, but you’ll definitely save a lot if you have a large family.
- Many hotels offer exclusive deals and freebies on their apps which may include 10% to 40% off on rooms.
- Hotels like Premier Inn, Travelodge and Holiday Inn have hotel special offers dinner bed and breakfast that lets up to 2 kids stay and eat breakfast for free per paying adult.
- Get price alerts from Kayak. You can sign up here for price alerts on hotels or dates you’re eyeing, so when there’s a price drop, you’ll get notified on your email right away.
- Sites like CancelOn lists accommodations after late cancellations which you can get for a reduced price.
- Check for hotel voucher codes, discount codes or coupon deals here at Latest Deals for coupon sites like Groupon.
- Use airline miles to book hotel rooms. They don’t just count towards flights, you can actually them to make your next booking.
- You can also use your credit card points to get hotel rooms. A lot of credit card companies offer massive bonus points for signing up or spending a certain amount of money with a set time period. Make sure to check with your bank regarding this.
- Subscribe to travel organizations to get major membership discounts.
- Hotel Tonight app lets you book last minute open hotel rooms at fantastic prices.
- Before booking online, you can call or email the hotel and simply ask if they happen to have any deals they can offer you aside from those found online.
- The Kennard at Bath, Somerset from £82 per night
- Hotel Indigo York at York, Yorkshire from £78 per night
- MyHotel Bloomsbury at Bloomsbury, London from £134 per night
- 24 Royal Terrace at Edinburgh, Scotland from £50 per night
- Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly at Manchester from £69 per night