Bicycle motocross, or simply abbreviated as BMX, was originally intended for a cycle sport on BMX bikes. Before, they were either for BMX racing or freestyle. They were also on or off the road. It all began when young cyclists were found joining the motocross. It used to be for fun, stunts and racing. Eventually, it evolved to how it is now.
Way back in 1970, children began racing with their bicycles despite the dirt tracks. This was the case in southern California. For most races, the wheelie bikes and Schwinn Sting-Ray were often utilised. They were naturally the bike of choice. Afterwards, they were customised. Thus, they became better as far as performance is concerned.
The phenomenon of BMX racing all happened in the middle of 1970. It was during that era when children raced. In the same decade, the critical mass commended the sport which led to the creation of bicycles designed for the activity.
Of course, the United Kingdom was not exempted in the BMX craze. It was in the 1980s when the bicycle became mainstream for children and teenagers. Yes, it was small during that time until its explosion that is still impactful until now. From a simple colour to a brightly coloured bike, the BMX has really changed immensely. This development is what makes BMX.
What can you get from Riding a BMX?
- Perfect aerobic workout. When you regularly ride the BMX, your heart will surely love it. As you do so, you can reduce the risk of any cardiovascular diseases. On top of this, you can also have a smoother blood circulation that will be good for your tissues. Let them receive the right oxygen so that they function optimally.
- Helps to lose weight. If you are working out to lose weight, then you may find BMX riding useful. This is perfect for overweight. You can start off with a lower speed though. Aside from this, lower the intensity so that your body will adjust properly. Afterwards, you can build up your pace until you get used to the sport itself.
- Builds muscles. Toning your muscle is easier when you ride a BMX. This is going to be advantageous most especially to the lower part of your body. Aside from this, anyone with joint diseases and conditions should give more appreciation to BMX biking.
- The best for your mental health. Improving your mental health happens easily when various forms of physical exercise. This is one of the reasons why BMX riding has always been a social sport. This will enable you to connect with other people and members of the community. Be a part of this enjoyable activity now!
- Works for your lower back. When you ride a BMX, you are forced to be in a good posture. Hence, this is vital for your spine. At least, you will not slouch. On top of this, your lower back muscles will just strengthen. This is why you are unlikely to feel any back pains. Your posture will also suit your body size later on. Just ensure that you find the most appropriate bike size.
BMX for beginners
There is a wide range of BMX in the market. You will see street riding setups, ramp slaying machines - the list goes on and on. If you are investing one for you, you will surely want to get the value of your money. The quality is also important here. This normally depends on the credibility of the brand.
Believe it or not - a BMX is just a simple machine. You should not be worried about there are clever solutions out there. It would only take a matter of picking what is best for you. Good thing, there are product lines waiting for you. What are these?
- Cult Control. Robbie Morales started this revered brand in 2010. This goes with a top tube gusset and Sean Ricany signature grips. Most of the parts are black. At one glimpse, you will mistake them for a sleek machine. This is the very first bike offered by this manufacturer.
- Fitbikeco STR 2018. In here, STR represents street. So, if you consider yourself a street rider, this should serve you well. What you will enjoy with this brand is its street-specific geometry, four-piece handle bags and four pegs. Reviews commend this for being the best BMX bike for the modern street.
- GT JPL Team 2018. The features of this BMX are bold colours. You will see greens, oranges that are all set on matte. Most of the GT branded parts are efficient. Their tyres and raw silver are also high-quality. Definitely, this bike will take you anywhere.
- Kink Whip 2018. The rich, nice and dark blue translucent finish of this BMX does not disappoint. Its blood red stickers are loud enough to make a statement. The parts are branded and the design is on point. The 4130 Chromoly tubing and sealed bearings of this BMX contribute to its quality. Hence, this is really promising.
- Subrosa Malum 2018. For a bold-looking bike, this is the brand that you need. This will provide you a high sense of poise and strength. Its design is classic and its features are chunky. Once you are riding it, you will never get enough. The frame top loads of this are made by The Shadow Conspiracy.
- Sunday Scout 2018. Built by a legit manufacturer, this BMX delivers. Among its major features are the Twisted Pro pedals and the Odyssey Path Pro tyre. The same is also true with the Broc Raiford signature grips, Sunday Freeze top load stem and the Odyssey's bestselling Springfield brake. Enjoy shopping with this through its various sizing and colours.
Do you find yourself interested with BMX lately? Are you planning to try it? If yes, this is not surprising knowing that riding one is not only fun; it is also good for your health. As a beginner, you can start with the BMX deals available around. This is your key to cheap BMX bikes for sale under 50. With us, you can take advantage of cheap BMX bikes under £100. Always check on what we have to offer.
Our massive community of bargain hunters is always on the lookout to find BMX bikes for sale UK. This is responsible for the BMX sale we give here. They share this on our site where you can save as much as 50% on cheap BMX frames. Aside from this, they also reduce their prices during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day. But if you want to maximise your savings on BMX stunt bikes, make sure to use the latest BMX codes you can search here. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and a free shipping.
Among the reputable BMX are Halfords BMX and Argos BMX. Just search regularly for BMX parts sale and Skate BMX. Who knows? You may even get a Rainbow BMX from us. Just keep in mind that most of the offers we have here are for a limited time only. Make sure to grab the opportunity right away once you spot a deal that you fancy. Also, do not forget to bookmark this page so that you will not miss a good deal in the UK.
Here’s a list of UK retailers that can bring you the most affordable BMX:
The deals and special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on amazing savings, fantastic discounts, and every day low prices from your favourite online shops in the UK!