Patches, or also referred to as cloth badge, are usually a piece of embroidery made from fabric. Aside from this, a thread can also be used in them. Hence, to make a patch is some sort of an art. This old tradition has been around for quite sometime and is still present up to this day. The only changes involve the high-speed and computerised machines used for their mass production.
There are several ways on how you can attach a patch to a fabric. The most common are sewing, pinning and connecting via other modern methods such as a Velcro backing, dryer heat-activated adhesive or iron-on.
The use of patches is not new to many. It began as an identification tool for uniformed personnel and military. Thus, it functions in the tracing of their roots way back in the ancient cultures of the Mediterranean, South America, India, China and Mideast.
Changes have affected the way patches work. Today, it is possible to see a design employed by government organisations. They are found in uniforms, sport teams, and companies to show rank, position, and many more. Needless to say, patches have really gone a long way. Before, it was only for function. Now, patches are also part of fashion.
Patches: From Function to Fashion
Embroidered patches have taken the streets of SoHo and the runways in Paris. Indeed, patches are making waves in the fashion world too. Since there is a popularity for fast-fashion and mass production, it is not surprising how consumers want to stand out before anything else. Designers were able to re-energise themselves and took advantage of patches.
Gucci is an example of a fashion house that incorporated the use of embroidered motifs in their seasons. The most common design is found on their jackets. This evolution has taken time. It has evovled for years before it became as what it is today.
The production of patches can be traced in the United States military in the 19th century. Afterwards, the entire country followed it. Thus, it became visible in delivery men, factory workers, fire departments and police men. It all began in American culture.
Now, the patch has found a steady presence in the aesthetics. It has been introduced in mainstream fashion. It is still being explored up to this day. As a matter of fact, the embroidery game has been stepped up by most seamstresses out there. The art plays a role in personalise clothing. The only modifications rely on the size of the patches.
How To Apply Patches To Denim
Top-Rated Patches to Incorporate in your Clothing
It is amazing how everything is reinvented for fashion. With that said, these are the top-rated patches that you can make a part of your ensemble:
- The Best Mom. This patch is handmade. Among the materials used in creating it are cotton, acrylic, wool, elastine, nylon, lambswool, polyester and angora. This will surely make a perfect gift. Give this to anyone who loves to weave. This is a sweater that is in the shade of pink.
- STUNNING Best UK Football Club Logo Embroidered Patches Sew / Iron On Badges. These patches would serve you well if you are a proud fan of any football clubs it features.
- Do your best patch/Word patch/Embroidered/ Iron on / Sew on / Applique/ For jacket / For backpack. If you are one who loves to update your outfit from time to time, this patch should work for you. You can iron this on your denim, bags or anywhere you would choose to. This is a way to achieve a different look.
- Best Rose Buds Patches. This Best Buds patch is a rose embroidered design you can give to your special partner. It is in 2 inch x 3 inch that goes with a heat seal backing. It is attached when ironed.
- Doughnuts and Coffee Iron On Patches /Best Friends Patches /Fast Food Patches / Donuts and Coffee. This cute patch is for your pocket or bag. Just like any other, you can just iron this on yours. If you have safety pins, you can fasten it with them. Aside from this, there are those who make it a permanent addition to their favourite denim jacket. This is another.
- Funny iron-on patch, cool iron on patches for jackets, red heart patch, funny patches. Make a statement with your clothes through this funny iron-on patch. It is heart shaped that is unique from anything offered in the market.
Recreate your ensemble with the right patch. You can do this and more with the cheap patches we have. In order to make the most of your purchase, make sure to use the iron on patches and embroidered patches deals waiting for you. There are plenty of sew on patches for clothes out there. With the help of Latest Deals, you can own embroidery patches UK right away. From retro iron on patches to photo patches, we have got you covered.
Our massive community of bargain hunters is always on the lookout to find the best possible deals on sew on patches for jackets. We have discount codes, deals and special offers for iron on repair patches. Moreover, we also have a team of money-saving experts who regularly share essential buying tips and tricks that can help you get some serious money off on your online and instore purchases for iron on sequin patches.
You can always start with embroidered patches flowers. There are plenty of options that you can check when you need to buy patches. Learn more about them for the right product.
Most UK retailers often have sale events, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can save as much as 70% on patches. They also reduce their prices during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day. But if you want to maximise your savings, make sure to use the latest patches discount codes you can search here. There are even voucher codes where you can get freebies and free shipping.
Find the best deals on patches from the following online UK shops:
The deals and special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on amazing savings, fantastic discounts, and every day low prices from your favourite online shops in the UK!