Bacon is a type of salt-cured pork. It is prepared from various cuts of meat most typically from the pork belly. It can be eaten on its own or as aside side dish. It is often served during breakfast and is sometimes used as an ingredient in various dishes. Bacon is also used for larding roasts. The word bacon came from the Old High German word bacho which means “buttock" or "ham".
Bacon can be cooked using various methods including frying and baking. Bacon can also come from other animals including beef, chicken, goat, turkey, or lamb. Meat from animals are cut, cured, and prepared to resemble bacon. This is practiced in areas where it is prohibited to consume pork such as Muslim and Jewish countries.
Pork loin bacon is cured by soaking it in brine or by using plain salt. Bacon brine can be used in curing it. Fresh bacon is dried for many weeks in cold air. It can also be boiled or smoked. It is then dried and cooked before consuming.
Different flavours can be achieved by using different types of wood for smoking. The smoking process can take up to 18 hours to intensify the flavour of the bacon. There are lots of bacon products that you can buy for you to enjoy.
Different Ways of Preparing Bacon
Bacon is a kind of processed meat that is enjoyed by millions of people all around the world. Every region has their own way of preparing and curing bacon depending on their taste preference. It the UK and Ireland, bacon is cured in several ways. Bacon is either fried, baked, or grilled and is eaten typically during breakfast.
In the US and Europe, bacon is used in sandwiches and in salads. In Southeast Asian countries, bacon is typically eaten any time of the day with rice. In Italy, bacon is used as a topping for pizza. There are many ways of preparing bacon but the most important thing is that you enjoy eating it because it is delicious and savoury.
How It’s Made: Bacon
Different Cuts of Bacon Products
- Uncooked strips of side bacon. Side bacon or streaky bacon comes from the belly of the pig. It is very tasty since it has alternating layers of fat and muscle running parallel to the rind.
- Pancetta. This is an Italian version of side bacon, sold smoked or unsmoked. This bacon is rolled up into cylinders after curing and has a very strong flavour.
- Uncooked back bacon. This meat comes from the loin in the middle of the back of the pig. This cut is much cleaner and has less fat. This kind of bacon is very popular in Ireland and in the United Kingdom.
- Collar bacon. This bacon is taken from the back of a pig that is near the head. It is very flavourful and delicious. It is very crispy when you pan fry it.
- Cottage bacon. This is made from a boneless pork shoulder that is typically tied into an oval shape. It is a lean meat that is great for sandwiches and ingredients for side dishes.
- Jowl bacon. This is cured and smoked cheeks of pork. This is commonly used as ingredients for various dishes because of its strong flavour and texture.
You may be interested in buying some bacon for your consumption. Our supportive team of bargain hunters has listed the latest cheap bacon deals and special offers available for you. You can check limited offers from various sellers and get a discounted rate for your purchases.
Bacon is a delicious processed meat that you can eat any time of the day. Take advantage of the different kinds of quality bacon products available on the market today. Make sure to use the latest Bacon UK voucher codes to save some money on the side.
If you are craving for some bacon, you can purchase them at your local supermarket or grocery store. If you are willing to wait for a few days to get quality bacon products, you can purchase them online. There are lots of products that are being sold by different food processing companies.
When buying online, you can be sure that all food products have gone through quality assurance testing. It is highly advised that you check out the best before the date of the food products that you are going to buy so that you can maximise its duration of consumption.
Here are some of the UK sites where you can get the best bacon bargain deals in the UK.
If you are fond of eating Baked bacon then you should get the product that is of high quality. Some UK retailers are conducting Frozen food sale and this is a great opportunity for you to save money on your bacon purchases.
There are also Finnebrogue bacon discounts and voucher codes that you can use at reputable UK retailers await you without ever having to leave your home. You'll never go wrong when you purchase quality bacon products that these popular UK retailers are offering.