Capturing and recording your action and adventure can be a challenge if you are doing it with the wrong device. Today, this should not be a problem with the presence of action cameras, or also referred to as action-cams. You can use one as your companion in travels and outdoor ventures.
Action cameras are compact. They are portable so you can bring them anywhere. Aside from this, they are also waterproof. Just make sure that it is on a surface level. You can take your photos in time-lapse and burst mode. They have these sorts of functions. You can also use them for any extreme sports including wingsuit flying and base jumping.
With the rise of technology, you can come across cameras which can capture certain perspectives. For example, a helmet camera is popular these days. This is how you see the actor in combination with another camera which is attached to the environment of the rider.
Ultra HD action cameras are foreseen to hit the market anytime soon. That sounds expensive already; but the good news is that there are affordable deals waiting for action cameras. By getting yourself one, you can own a cheap action camera that will not burn a hole in your pocket.
3 things to remember before you buy an action camera
How to Find the Best Action Camera
It is easy to come across the right camera that suits any kind adventure. From full HD, activity sensors, 4K image stabilisation to auto-editing, there are many features you can decide from. With the sea of choices waiting for you in the market, looking for the best brand can be tricky. There are hundreds you must compare. At the end of the day, you must ask - what is the highlight you need for your action cam?
Generally, action cameras are rugged and small video cameras that allow you to take a footage of a scene regardless of the conditions you are in. They are built for capturing extreme, action and sports activities that are difficult to shoot in regular cameras. Aside from this, they are also hands-free. They are not only easy to set up, they are also simple to manipulate.
These are the features you should look for in an action camera:
- User-friendliness. The best action camera should not require you to have a knowledge in photography. So, even if you are a newbie, you must find the gadget convenient to learn. Furthermore, there should only be a number of buttons that enable you to get started when you are already in the scene and action.
- Quality. Majority of the action cams available in the stores can record 4K or ultra high-definition videos. On top of this, they are also buit with sensors and stabilisers that would produce clear and steady footage later on. This is an important feature you should not neglect.
- Mounting. Once you are decided with the action cam brand you are going for, the next thing you must take note are their accessories. Among them are head mounts, hand mounts, and chest mounts. Prioritise according to your needs and activities.
- Portability. Have you seen a digital camera? An action cam is way smaller than that. As a matter of fact, you can just put it in your small bag. Go for a brand that is not very hard to carry around. After all, you will be going in and about. You will not like to bring a bulky camera with you.
- Durability. Since you intend to bring your action cam in muds, sands, and freezing temperatures, you must find a brand that is durable. Begin by checking if the unit is fully waterproof. It is if it can still work 60 metres below. If yes, that is a good indication.
- Yi 4K+. This brand has top-rated specifications. However, it is not waterproof. If you intend to use your action camera for under-the-sea adventures, this might not be the ultimate pick for you. Yi 4K+ Action Camera is an affordable alternative to the GoPro model. What is advantageous is that it has a large touchscreen. It also records a 4K footage at 60fps. With this, you can have a colourful, smooth, and detailed output.
- Olfi One Five. Are you a cyclist? Are you in need of a dash cam? The Olfi One. Five can be the best from the market for you. Do not underestimate this product for its size. It may be small, but its features are big. This tiny device is found in a Sony Exmor R CMOS sensor. It has time-lapses, motion detection, and loop record as well. As you use this, it wil overwrite your oldest files.
- Sony FDR-X3000. This is also 4K with a surprise. It bears an image stabilisation that will make your capture even more breath-taking. The highlight of this product includes the Live-View remote, a wrist-worn touchscreen, and a ZEISS Tessar lens live feed. The 4k 30fps video it offers is excellent. Lastly, it comes with a Balanced Optical SteadyShot that can make any shot smooth.
- GoPro Hero7 Black. Dubbed as the ultimate action cam, GoPro does not disappoint in upgrading its products. HyperSmooth is empowered by a in-camera video stabilisation system that will ignite all the creative possibilities in you. It can handle 4K 60fps. You do not need a gimbal anymore because this is a handheld video that provides a silky-smooth aesthetics. Check its TimeLapse too.
- Olympus Tough TG-Tracker. Olympus Tough TG-Tracker is claimed as an exceptional and tough action camera that can withstand any extreme climates. It is 4K capable. Moreover, it is also waterproof. It can submerge up to 30m without the need for a housing. Aside from this, it is also drop-proof. It will not crush from 2m to 100kg. With its screen, you can also see what is currently filming. Finally, its LED headlight will also give you the night shots you might need in the future.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as 7Dayshop, Acer Online Store, Amazon, Argos, BT, and Currys PC World have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 60% off on a wide array of cheap action camera, yi 4k action camera, and the best action camera under 100.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like the best action camera 2018, Sports camera, and Hawkeye Firefly 8s from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on Goxtreme Pioneer 1080p action cam, Kaiser Baas x4, Akaso action camera, and ek7000 4k action cam is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on the best action camera under 50, best budget action camera, best action camera 2017, and 1080p action cam.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from Ebuyer, GeekBuying, Go Groopie, Groupon, Home Bargains, and I Want One Of Those, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on Akaso action camera, Argos action camera when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest action camera discount code, action camera sale, and action camera deals of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!