A PIR sensor or passive infrared sensor is an electronic sensor that is used to measure infrared light that is radiating from objects that are in its scope of view. This kind of technology is often used in PIR-based motion detectors.
All objects that have a temperature above absolute zero are emitting heat energy in radiation form. Since radiation is not visible to the naked eye an only radiates infrared wavelengths, it can be detected by electronic devices.
The term passive refers to the fact that these PIR devices do not radiate energy. The device works by detecting infrared radiation that is reflected or emitted by objects. The way it works is that infrared radiation enters the front of the sensor which is called the sensor face.
At the center of the PIR device is a solid-state sensor which is made from pyroelectric materials. These materials generate energy when they are exposed to heat. The typical size of the sensors is approximately 1/4 inch square.
Other materials that are commonly used in PIR devices include caesium nitrate, gallium nitride, polyvinyl fluorides, cobalt phthalocyanine, and derivatives of phenazopyridine. The sensors in these devices are often made as part of an integrated circuit.
Benefits of Using a PIR-based Motion Detector
A PIR motion detector is used to control an outdoor, automatic light. It is used to detect the movement of people, objects, or animals. It is very useful in activating lighting systems. It also increases the security of the area because PIR motion detectors are also used in burglar alarms.
An indoor light switch equipped with PIR-based occupancy sensor are mostly weatherproof so that you can put it outdoors. There are even some devices that have cameras that capture images or videos and send those images to your phone so that you can be aware if someone breaches the security of your property.
Today PIR sensor devices are used in homes, business establishments, government offices, and public places, among many others. These devices are also maintenance free so you do not have to worry about it.
In this video you will see how to wire PIR sensor light in the UK.It will also show you internal wiring of PIR sensor and light.
Best Selling PIR Sensor Devices
- Chamberlain CWA2000. It is very affordable and it can easily be installed in any part of your property. It can monitor your property from a distance. It is also ideal for various conditions since it is weatherproof.
- Ecolink Z-Wave Plus. It provides adjustable security levels. It has a range of more than 30 feet and it is very sensitive in detecting movement.
- Doberman Security SE-0104. You can place this device wherever you need it It has a blaring 100-decibel alarm that will alert you if it detects any movement in your property. It has swiveling mounting brackets.
- Guardline Driveway Alarm. It is a professional grade wireless outdoor motion sensor. It also has adjustable volume control. It is a great device that you can put on your driveway.
- Sadotech Wireless C series. This device comes with more than 50 ringtones. It can be customised according to your preference. It has a 15- to 30-second delay to decrease the frequency of false alarms.
- Blink Home Security System. This device has a camera that automatically records a short clip of what is happening in your property and uploads it to the cloud. It will also send a notification to your phone if ever it captures something with the camera.
- Interlogix Indoor Wireless. It sends a signal to your security panel. It is very reliable and it is good for business use. It is a 24/7 professional automated home security system.
You may be interested in buying an outdoor PIR sensor to automate the lights and heighten the security in your property. There are lots of PIR motion sensor for lights that you can choose from online. Some UK retailers even have replacement PIR sensor for outdoor light.
This is a great opportunity to purchase the items that you are looking for because of the PIR UK special offers available. Shopping for cheap PIR lights online can be a bit challenging when you are on a tight budget. Our deal hunters will share with you important information to help maximise your savings.
Make sure to use the latest PIR UK voucher codes to save some money on the side. You can save as much as 60% on selected items when you buy from reputable UK sellers. When buying devices online, make sure you are aware of the return policy in case you receive damaged or defective items. Get great value for your money and only buy high-quality items.
Here is a list of popular UK retailers where you can get the best cheap PIR deals and bargain sale.
If you are looking for porch ceiling lights with motion sensor then you came to the right place. You can look for excellent LED security lights motion sensor deals online with just a few clicks away and you can do it in the comfort of your home.
Don’t forget to use the latest best PIR sensor voucher codes to save money on your purchases. Get only top-notch External PIR sensor items that will surely satisfy your needs and wants. You should get a state-of-the-art battery operated outdoor wall lights and sensor security lights for your business or office space.