Firaxis Games developed XCOM 2, a turn-based tactics video game on February 2016. Very new to the market, 2K Games published this for Microsoft Windows, Linux and OS X. Eventually, it also covered Xbox One and PlayStation 4. As it partnered with different platforms, it is not surprising how XCOM 2 became widely accepted by many gamers out there.
XCOM 2 was a sequel to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. It took place two decades after the Enemy Unknown. This follow up is a continuation of the undertakings of the XCOM - a military organisation that tries to fight an alien invasion after losing a war that resulted the occupation of Earth. On 2017, another version was released through the XCOM: War of the Chosen.
True to the previous installments of the series, this sequel takes the player as the commander of the military group. It is restricted after an opposing force emerges with the alien occupation. The player will be responsible in taking control of the Avenger. This is a mobile base in the game. Players are then given the chance to command the squad members to battle against the aliens on missions. This is where the story revolves.
What Can You Learn from XCOM 2?
- Personalising Soldiers. As a character editor, you will find yourself emerged in this feature of XCOM 2. It would eat up most of your time building coworkers, friends and even family members. You can select from pre-built heads so that you can alter facial characteristics.
- A free shot. With the concealment, you are provided a free shot to the aliens. You can observe this at the beginning of the mission. This generous system is simple to navigate. You will not be spotted. However, be mindful of patrols because they can blow your plans up. Use your free shot wisely.
- Play loud. There are instances when you would find it hard to escape a mission. You can get detected. To avoid that, you have to understand your bragging rights. Take them as your reward even if that means you have to pass up XP and loot opportunities.
- It is all about setting the stage. One of your first missions is to move to tiles and play the story of saving a high-value prisoner. As you fight against an alien facility, you are introduced to the basics of XCOM. This will teach you how to set up ambushes even if you are concealed.
XCOM 2 review
Beginners Guide to XCOM 2
Exaggeration aside, XCOM 2 can be one of the most nerve-wrecking and daunting games in the mainstream media. If you are planning to embark on this adventure, it would not hurt to be a part of communities involving this to make your life more convenient. As that is the case, what are the tips you must remember in playing this game?
- Focus on every detail of your journey. Once you are on the journey, you have to give your full attention to it, even if you are moving under concealment. Be careful with the moves you commit to. It is not about shouting at every alien you see on the place. Be cautious of the red icon instead. Maneuver properly so that you do not fall victim of traps around.
- Master the explosives. You should learn how to blow the cover of visible enemies with a properly planted grenade. Doing this would help you clear your way for shots. You can shred armor and remove overwatch. That is how you let agile allies slip around to open up new avenues for a possible assault. Make the a part of your technic.
- Think twice on “save scum.” Save scumming may be tempting most especially when you have performed mistakes. However, that may bring a permanent disaster you are not ready for. This means that maybe, you want to take a moment and consider what is going on around your strategy. Utilise the Iron Man mode temporarily. That will remove you resorting to this solution you should be saving for something more important in the game.
- It is okay to overwatch. It does not hurt to keep an advent officer pinned once in a while. That is a part of the game. There is a tool, overwatch, that you can manipulate instead. Place some of your members on the squad. Do not go advance without doing so.
- Mind the characters. This game may play with your mind because the tiles will not reveal the character under. At one look, you may believe that your path is clear. Do not be deceived. Be aware of the objects at sight. There might be enemies strolling on your way
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Argos, CD Keys & Game have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 50% off on a wide array of cheap XCOM 2 deals. There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like XCOM PC game and XCOM 2 collection from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on your favourite video games is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, Amazon XCOM 2 bargain deals, XCOM 2 PS4 price drops, and promos on XCOM 2 DLC sale & XCOM 2 PS4. Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from GamersGate, Grainger Game, Green Man Gaming, Humble Bundle & Simply Games, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on XCOM 2 Xbox One, and XCOM PS3 when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest XCOM 2 discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings everytime you shop!