Cheap Desktop Deals, Voucher Codes & Offers on Sale
Find Desktop computers and accessories. Our tech-savvy deal hunters look for bargains from Dell, HP and Logitech. You'll also find gaming desktop PCs from the likes of Alienware. Plus, get accessories such as USB chargers, speakers and keyboards. You may be specifically interested in a cheap laptop and also the latest deals for tablets.Read more
A desktop computer is a personal computer designed for regular use at a single location on or near a desk or table due to its size and power requirements. The most common configuration has the following:
- A case that houses the power supply, motherboard, CPU, memory, bus, and other electronic components
- Disk storage
- A keyboard and mouse for input
- A computer monitor
- Often, a printer for output
The case may be oriented horizontally or vertically and placed either underneath, beside, or on top of a desk. Prior to the widespread use of microprocessors, a computer that could fit on a desk was considered remarkably small; the type of computers most commonly used were minicomputers, which were themselves desk-sized. Early computers took up the space of a whole room. Minicomputers generally fit into one or a few refrigerator-sized racks. It was not until the 1970s when fully programmable computers appeared that could fit entirely on top of a desk. 1970 saw the introduction of the Datapoint 2200, a "smart" computer terminal complete with keyboard and monitor, was designed to connect with a mainframe computer but that didn't stop owners from using its built in computational abilities as a stand alone desktop computer. Early personal computers, like the original IBM Personal Computer, were enclosed in a "desktop case", horizontally oriented to have the display screen placed on top, thus saving space on the user's actual desk, although these cases had to be sturdy enough to support the weight of CRT displays that were widespread at the time.
TOP 5: Best Budget Desktop Computer 2019
Advantages of Using Desktop Computers
- Add-On Cards. Depending on your business focus and your workflow, you may need a desktop computer to accommodate the hardware that supports your profession. Although you can attach external devices to a laptop computer, you can't open up its case and plug in proprietary DSP or processing cards for use in high-end audio or video work. You may be able to host your add-on cards through an expansion chassis plugged in to a notebook computer, but you'll have to spend additional dollars to acquire the hosting hardware. A desktop system also enables you to install more than one graphics adapter to support multiple displays.
- Display Flexibility. Most laptops can mirror their video output to an external monitor, but a desktop computer gives you the flexibility to choose whichever primary monitor you want or need, including those you can calibrate for print-production colour correction and retouching, reference monitors to evaluate video footage for commercials and feature films, or secondary displays in addition to a very large primary monitor.
- Drive Bays & RAM. A desktop computer provides you with drive bays in which you can install additional storage. By comparison, adding storage capacity to a laptop limits you to plugging in external devices or installing a replacement for its internal drive, a swap-out that may require a technician service call. Desktop casework accommodates the larger size of a motherboard with multiple slots for RAM expansion through the addition of memory chips beyond the allotment a laptop can hold in its limited interior space. Desktop computers also distance you from the heat these components give off.
- Assembly & Customization. Choosing a desktop for your primary computing needs enables you to build your own system from components you select and choose the parts that offer the performance parameters you want as well as the compatibility to work seamlessly with one another. Because of the cramped quarters inside laptop cases and the customized components that these systems require, the do-it-yourself route largely excludes portable computers as an option. A desktop system also makes it easier to open and work inside the computer case if and when you must make repairs or replace components.
- Cheap. The biggest advantage of desktop computers is that it is cheap as compared to laptops and therefore one can have the same set of configuration at a lower price than that of laptop thereby saving a lot of cost to the consumer. Hence they are ideal for those groups of buyers who are looking for computers at an affordable cost and that is the reason why students, offices and other places have desktop computers and not a laptop computer.
How to Find Cheap Desktop Deals Online
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, eBay, Currys PC World, Robert Dyas, and Laptops Direct have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 70% off on a wide array of desktop computer deals.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offer on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like all in one PC from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on desktop pc sale is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on Dell UK, .
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from Ebuyer, Argos, Very, Tesco, PC World, AO, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on gaming PCs, HP Desktop PC, Samsung all in one PC, and I5 Desktop PC when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest d discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!