A dishwasher is a kitchen equipment for cleaning dishware and cutlery automatically. Unlike manual dishwashing, which relies largely on physical scrubbing to remove soiling, the mechanical dishwasher cleans by spraying hot water at the dishes, with lower temperatures used for delicate items. A mix of water and dishwasher detergent is pumped to one or more rotating spray arms, which blast the dishes with the cleaning mixture. Once the wash is finished, the water is drained, more hot water enters the tub by means of an electro-mechanical solenoid valve, and the rinse cycle begins. After the rinse cycle finishes and the water is drained, the dishes are dried using one of several drying methods. Typically a rinse-aid, a chemical to reduce the surface tension of the water, is used to reduce water spots from hard water or other reasons. A dishwasher has 6 main cycles usually with different options:
- Rinse and hold is a quick rinse cycle with no drying or detergent for a quick rinse off of dishes.
- Express is a 60-minute wash usually with drying for washing a small to a medium-large load of pre-rinsed dishes.
- Delicate is for a delicate load of pre rinsed dishes. It is an energy efficient cycle and needs less detergent. It uses mild hot water and a mild dry.
- Normal is an energy efficient cycle too. It is meant for a regular load of normally stained dishes. It uses mild hot water to save energy and has only 1 or 2 rinses and has a good drying cycle.
- Auto or Sensor wash is the recommended wash for most dishes. It uses a turbidity sensor to sense the soil on dishes. it adjusts the water and heat to adapt to the level of soiling on the dishes. This is fairly energy efficient.
- Heavy is meant for heavily soiled dishes and pots and pans. It also sanitises the dishes on most dishwashers. It sprays a concentrated hot water jet and a super hot rinse cycle.
Dishwashers also have additional options. Sanitize raises the rinse water to 160 °F and extends the drying time. This is meant for sick people and dishes exposed to raw meat. High-temperature wash raises the wash temperature for a better wash. Extra dry makes the dishes dry better.
Dishwasher Buying Guide (Interactive Video)
- Miele Dishwasher. Miele is an exemplary dishwasher. It’s extraordinarily efficient, easy to use, quiet and terrifically reliable. This feature-filled free standing dish cleanser is A+++ rated for efficiency and comes equipped with a height-adjustable upper basket and a top-mounted cutlery tray that can be adjusted to allow room for tall wine glasses below. In fact, you can configure the baskets in this machine any way you please.
- Bosch Series 4. This mid-priced Teutonic option is another great performer. It's especially good at drying crockery and plastics with minimal streaking. Its six programmes encompass a range of washing modes. One particularly clever feature of the Serie 4 is Bosch’s customisable VarioFlex basket system, which allows you to easily adjust the arrangement of the baskets. This means awkward items like wine glasses and champagne flutes can be stacked on either level. Both bottom and top baskets also have foldable plate racks, to easily accommodate pots and pans instead.
- Zanussi ZDF26020XA. Zanussi’s mid-priced "appliance of science" doesn’t have the solid feel of the top German brands, however, this machine does a great job of cleaning and drying, and at 47dB it’s relatively quiet too. This particular model also incorporates Zanussi’s fancy-sounding AirDry technology, which pops the door open slightly during the last part of the drying cycle, to let in some fresh air and let the contents dry more naturally.
- AEG FFE83700PM. If you do a lot of entertaining (or just have a large family), this extraordinarily spacious 15-place, a silver-look Germanic model could be for you. As well as easily handling large pans and pots, it also promises to wash expensive wine and champagne glasses without any streaks and stains. This dishwasher also comes with a top-mounted cutlery tray, nice big handles for the two baskets and, uniquely, an extra Satellite Spray Arm fitted to the end of the main arm, which rotates separately, spritzing water into places that regular sprinklers don't reach.
- Siemens iQ700 SN278I36TE. This premier freestanding model from the house of Siemens features a number of USPs including varioSpeed Plus, an interior "emotionLight" LED lighting system that turns the iQ700 into a nightclub when opened, and a "Home Connect" function for those who can’t resist the urge to control their appliances from their Android or iOS smartphone. It’s especially effective on hard-to-dry plastics.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, eBay, Currys PC World, and Robert Dyas have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 80% off on a wide array of dishwashers for sale.
There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offer on select items. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like Bosch slimline dishwasher and dishwasher series 6, Samsung, Kenwood, and Beko slimline dishwasher from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible dishwasher price is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on all the best dishwasher on the market today.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from Argos, Very, Hughes, Tesco, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on dishwasher integrated, table top, freestanding, or compact dishwasher when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest dishwasher discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings every time you shop!