Whether you clean your home every day or once a week, you need the best vacuum cleaner to make the daunting household chore easier. Here’s some essential information you need to know about these cleaning machines to narrow down your choices.
Upright. This traditional vacuum cleaner is an excellent choice for those with large carpet areas to clean. It has a suction power combined with the eating action of a rotating motorised brush which removes and loosens dirt. It's a bit on the heavier side though making it difficult for cleaning stairs.
- Best for larger homes and carpeted surfaces
- Higher capacity
- Great at picking up fluff and pet hairs
- Can easily go around furniture
- Heavy and some models can weigh as much as 9.5kg
- Its bulky built makes it harder to store
- You may find it difficult to manoeuvre
- Not ideal for cleaning stairs, low furniture, and tight areas
Cylinder. This type is more compact and lightweight compared to upright. It usually comes with a long and highly flexible hose making it ideal for cleaning tight corners, the stairs, and upholstery. A cylinder vacuum has a higher voltage though since it depends on its suction power to pick up dirt and grime.
- Ideal for small homes
- Works well at hard floors
- Great at cleaning awkward spaces and under low furniture
- Longer reach and bigger capacity
- Easy to store, compact, and light
- If you have pets, you may need to purchase additional attachments
- Harder to manoeuvre on thick carpets
- You may see yourself bumping it to walls and furniture
Handheld. A portable more compact version of the traditional vacuum. It's available in either cordless or corded. It's good at picking up crumbs and ideal for cleaning stairs, upholstery, and car interiors.
- Small, lightweight, and easy to use
- Best for quick cleanups
- You can take it anywhere with you
- Powerful and versatile
- Not recommended for large areas
- Less powerful as other types of vacuum cleaners
- Not a replacement for full-sized vacuum
Robot or Robotic. This highly advanced device is the most convenient of all types of vacuum cleaners. Simply schedule a cleaning routine, and it'll clean your house for you even if you're not there. It comes with a smart sensor which means that it'll have no problem manoeuvering around your home.
- Best choice for smaller homes or apartment
- Small, lightweight, and easy to store
- Perfect for light cleaning
- Battery life is up to 2 hours only
- If it has a small capacity, you need to empty it often
- Not great at removing pet hairs
- Power. You don't always get more power with a higher voltage. The suction power will also be affected by several factors such as vacuum design, air flow, and brush quality.
- Capacity. Typically, vacuum cleaners come with one to 6 litres capacity. Higher capacity means you'll have to empty its chamber less often and change its bag.
- Cord length. Corded has a bigger capacity and works well in larger areas. Cordless is more flexible, and you can reach just about anything with it, but it needs regular charging.
- Run time. This applies to cordless vacuums and refers to how long you can use it in a single round of cleaning. Most models can provide you at least 15-20 minutes of cleaning, but there are those that can run up to 60 minutes.
- Filters. If there are members of your family with allergies, this is an essential thing to consider. There are machines with HEPA filters that can trap as much as 98.9% of fine particles. Charcoal filters, on the other hand, charcoal filters are great if you have pets since it filters bad odours.
- Energy efficiency. Make sure that the vacuum you want to purchase comes with an energy efficiency rating label based on its performance, noise, dust re-emission, and power consumption. Classification range is A-G with A being the highest.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Argos, Amazon, and Curry’s among others have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 40% off on a wide array of quality cheap vacuum cleaners. There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select accessories. Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of hoover, handheld, robot, corded, upright, cylinder, and cordless vacuum cleaners from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on Henry vacuum cleaners or Dyson V8 Total Clean is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on Vax, Henry, Shark, or Dyson hoover and all other types of vacuum cleaners. Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified vacuum cleaners sale, discounts, vacuum cleaner Tesco promos, and voucher codes from AO, eBay, and Appliances Direct, and from other reputable retailers across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on affordable quality vacuum cleaners when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest vacuum cleaner discount code of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings everytime you shop!