Compact Disc History
A CD or Compact disc is a digital optical storage data format. It was developed by Sony and Philips and was released to the public in 1982. The format was designed and developed primarily to play and store audio recordings but later utilized for storing data.
There also other formats that were developed including CD-R for audio data storage, CD-RW for rewritable media, VCD or Video Compact Disc, SVCD or Super Video Compact Disc, PictureCD, Enhance music CD, CD-ROM, and CD-i.
The Compact Disc has revolutionized how people store data to be used for various applications and activities. CD’s made it easier to store data that can bring anywhere. Since the CD was released, it has replaced various forms of digital storage. It has become one of the main audio distribution methods in the music industry.
Today, although you can download music over the internet and save it to a micro flash drive or directly to your mobile phone, the use of compact discs is still important and significant. CD’s are still used by people to store and process data, audio files, photos, videos, and more.
How Can I Save on My CD Purchases?
Thinking about purchasing a CD or anything related to it? You can purchase these items from your favourite UK retailers and get some money off at the same time. Get the best cheap CD deals, offers, and discounts from Ebuyer, Currys PC World, and Wowcher just to name a few.
You can choose from a wide variety of products from audio CD’s, CD players, Gaming CD’s, DVD’s, and more at very low prices. Make sure to use the latest CD UK voucher codes so that you can get big discounts on your purchases.
Take advantage of the latest CD discount codes, voucher codes, special offers, price drops, and bargain deals in the UK here at Latest Deals. Our community of bargain hunters have and team of money-saving experts searched long and hard to give you all the necessary information to give value for your money. Get fantastic savings on these verified deals.
These offers are usually for a limited time only so once you spot a great deal, grab it immediately. You can also bookmark this page to get regular updates on CD deals in the UK!
When buying CD’s, CD players or any product online, make sure to double check the description to avoid problems with your purchases. Also, check the latest vouchers and use the free shipping option if it is available. This can save you some money on delivery charges.
Best UK Sites to Buy Cheap CDs
You can save as much as 80% off on your favourite artists’ CD releases online. In addition, there are UK retailers with special offers such as £1 CDs, 2 for £3 and buy 2 get 2 free on a wide selection of CDs from artists like Adele, Oasis, Abba, The Beatles, and Foo Fighters. From new and trending to hip-hop, classical and rock, you will surely find a CD deal here at Latest Deals that will satisfy the music-lover in you.
Here’s a list of the best place to buy music CDs online, brand new or second hand:
Don’t forget to use the latest CD discount codes for added savings and even get free delivery from select online shops!
Spotify is incredibly popular and nobody seems to be buying music anymore. But is spotify really better than buying?
Different Types of Compact Discs
- Audio CD – This is used to store music and other digital audio recordings. Since the Compact Disc was developed and released, it was used by artists and recording companies as a way to distribute their music. It can store various audio formats such as MP3’s.
- CD-Text – This type of CD allows storage of text information such as song name, artists and album name. It is considered as an extension of the Red Book Specification for compact discs which only allocates a small portion of storage space.
- SACD – Also called Super Audio CD is a high-resolution read-only optical audio disc format. This provides a higher quality sound and was developed to replace the standard audio CD.
- CD-MIDI – This is used to store music-performance data. This is used to playback audio that is performed by electronic instruments.
- CD-ROM- It is a non-volatile optical data computer data storage medium. It still uses the physical format of audio CD’s that can be read by a computers CD-ROM drive.
- VCD – Also called Video CD. It stores, reads, and process video files such as Mpeg files.
- Photo CD – It is designed to store digitized photos. It can store and read picture format files such as png and jpeg.
- CD-i – This particular CD format is compatible with most CD players and computers. It is created for that specific purpose since its predecessors cannot be played by non-compatible CD playing equipment.
- CD-RW – It is a re-recordable medium that uses a metallic alloy instead of a dye. This particular CD can be used multiple times and you can overwrite the data stored into it. This type of CD can store audio, video, images, and data files, among others.
Today, people mostly use two types of CD’s, the recordable and the re-recordable. These CD’s are capable of storing any type of file format whether it is audio, video, text, image or computer data.