Fleece is a very versatile fabric. It is soft, lightweight and warm which will keep you comfortable and cozy during winter or chilly weather. This fabric is usually used outdoors because it can keep the body warm without the extra weight and bulkiness. Fleece uses napped insulated synthetic fibres made from PET or Polyethylene terephthalate to maintain the body's heat around its core to protect the individual from the blustery winds and cold air.
Clothing made from fleece is a must-have inclusion in anyone's wardrobe collection including fleece jackets, pants, and tops. It's an ideal fabric for mid-layering as it is constructed from fibres which are long-lasting and can trap air keeping you warm. Tops made from fleece normally come in different weights and technical features to accommodate various purposes.
The Most Common Types of Fleece
- Standard. Combined most of the time in a layering system to increase protection and warmth, and helps in getting the best out of the fleece.
- Tighter weave. Lessens wind chill without altering its breathability.
- Membrane. Features a breathable membrane overlaid between two layers of fleece for wind resistance.
- Grid-patterned. This kind dries efficiently and quickly and will not lose its insulating qualities. It is also lightweight, and the grid pattern helps in drawing off any sweat and wick moisture over the fabric's surface.
- Microfleece. Lightweight and thin ideal for mid-layer as well as an outerwear in warmer weather as it provides a low-level insulation. Great for walking and other activities like skiing and running.
- Mid-weight. A common type and the most versatile and great for everyday use for a wide array of activities. It is more breathable and has a higher level of insulation compared to microfleece. Ideal for mountaineering, climbing, and activities where you need ease of movements.
- Textured. This type comes in many forms, but the most common are fluffy or waffle fleece. It's perfect to keep you warm during winter and cold autumn days.
If you’re looking for cheap fleece jackets sale, jumper, blankets, joggers, rugs, boots, beddings and more, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Latest Deals you’ll find the best deals on womens and mens fleece sale, cheap fleece fabric offers, discounts and voucher codes from online UK retailers such as Amazon, Ebay, Tesco, Asda, and Sports Direct to name a few.
Our team of money-saving experts and community of bargain hunters are always sharing verified deals on items made from fleece so make sure to keep on coming back as most of these deals are available for a limited time only.
Take advantage of massive savings on your fleece purchases from the following online retailers:
Gap UK. If you want to update your clothing for winter or if you simply want to get something to keep you warm while taking your morning run, this retailer has a wide selection of trendy fleece clothing and accessories from tops and hoodies to graphic shorts and mittens. The also have discounts on select fleece items where you can save as much as 70% off.
Mountain Warehouse. Get as much as 80% off on mens and womens fleece jackets, gloves, tights, kids hats and so much more on clearance sale at Mountain Warehouse. The online retailer is a great place to get all the fleece you need for your outdoor activities at very low prices
Sports Direct. Take advantage of branded fleece clothing and shoes on sale at Sports Direct. Save up to 80% off on their must-go items and weekly offers on brands like Lee Cooper, Tapout, Ocean Pacific, SoulCal and Everlast.
Amazon UK. Find mens fleece sale, women fleeces, cheap fleece blankets under £5 and a whole lot more in Amazon. You can even get additional exclusive discounts and free delivery if you’re an Amazon Prime member.
Millets. Save as much as 50% off on fleece welly liners, half-zip and full-zip jackets at Millets. Lookout for their mega buy and 2 for £15 special offers and enjoy fantastic savings on brands like Berghaus, Peter Storm, The North Face and Brasher.
What to Lookout for in a Fleece
- Insulation. The insulating layer of the fleece is known as a mid-layer, so it is essential to consider the type of insulation all fleece has. Increasing its mid-layer will produce a mid-layer that's warmer. However, this will also add some weight.
- Breathability and water-resistant qualities. There are some water-resistant fleeces that are still breathable.
- Shape and fit. A fleece's comfort and fit should be your main priority if you're going to use it for outdoor activities. Consider the fleece's shape and thickness as this will affect its packability.