Computer processors have gone through various technologies as far as advancement is concerned. You have come across core-i3, i5, and of course - the highly recommended, i7. This processor is a programmable, and multipurpose device that can decode binary functions. However, what difference does the latter, i7, processor make?
The type of processor you use is one of the biggest considerations when it comes to buying your own PC. There are so many times when i5, and i7 are compared together. But then, if you are more for multimedia tasks, multitasking, scientific work, and high-end gaming, this i7 is more appropriate. The target of this is the people who cannot take slow computers.
What makes i7 fast is its faster base clock speed. Furthermore, it also features a larger cache which can manage repetitive tasks without lagging. If you are one who always calculates, or edits spreadsheets, this can also work to your advantage. Everything is instantaneous.
Lastly, this processor also uses the so called Turbo Boost. This is one of the reasons why the operating system, and applications perform more than the regular kind. Since i7 is high-performing, you can expect it to cost more.
I7 Buying Guide
If you are one who demands a high performing laptop, an i7 processor may work best for you. However, this is easier said than done because the truth is - you might be bombarded with the options waiting for you in the market. If you do not know what you need, you will end up with the wrong brand.
The brands for i7 vary. You will not have a hard time coming across them. Each model has different screen, battery metrics, components, among others. While they are all high performing, there are still many other factors to consider, such as your budget. In fact, the price plays an important role in your selection. How should you get one that would not make you lose a fortune?
- Identifying the Best I7. You surely know that your processor is the most crucial part of your computer, or laptop. Do not be confused though because you just cannot sum up your device in a single dimension, such as this. This means that there are many good processors. However, they are not the only indicator in the performance of a computer. There are still other inclusions such as storage space, RAM, type, video card, and many more.
- Choosing the Right Processor. Not all i7 processors are the same. The part responsible for the differences is its silicon. There are versions bound for power. There are those for battery life. This is very much evident in i7 CPUs. Take a look at the i7 U-series, they are built for battery efficiency. The version is not far from the i5 processors as far as their performance is concerned. On the other hand, i7-HQ, and i7-HK processors are for computing. These are some of the examples in their variation.
- Things you need to remember. You will not be able to make the most of an i7 processor, if your RAM is not enough. It has a huge impact on the performance of your laptop. For instance, you may experience lag when you switch between operating programs once the RAM is filled up. If you see yourself as a casual user, an 8GB RAM may be sufficient. As for gamers, and professionals, the safest aim is 16 GB. There are even times when you have to go for a 24 GB so that you can accommodate 3D modeling, and as well as motion graphics. Upgrading becomes simple for larger laptops. You can just add an additional RAM if there is a need. To free yourself from trouble though, decide right away how you want your computer to be.
Other Factors to Consider
To make the most of your processor, these are the other factors that you have to lookout for:
- Storage. Your i7 processor becomes even more powerful when you have a fast storage, or SSD Drives. If you have a limited budget, you can have the regular HDD as an alternative. You can also get both if you avail larger laptops. This is your answer to having it all.
- Graphics Card. This is optional. However, it can give you the best playing experience. One of the best consumer-level gaming cards available is the Nvidia. As a start, you can have the Nvidia 960M. This can be more than enough to play games from normal to high settings. If you are into high or ultra-high settings, you can avail the Nvidia GeForce 970M or 980M.
- ASUS ROG GL552VW-DH74. If your budget is reasonably limited, this Asus ROG GL552VW-DH74 can be enough. This has a ton of RAM - 16GB of DDR4 RAM - which can run a demanding frequency. Aside from this, the laptop also comes with dedicated graphics through the GeForce 960M video card. This should be alright if you do not have any intentions of playing ultra-high setting games.
- MSI GE62 Apache Pro. This MSI GE62 Apache Pro is an effective laptop that utilises the Wide Angle technology. This has gone far from the usual IPS panel. What is better is that its display is good. Aside from this, it also has acceptable viewing angles. To top all these, you will also enjoy massive amounts of storage because of its 500GB Solid State Drive, and its 2TB regular Hard Drive. However, the only downside is that its battery can only take 3.2 hours. That is the compromise.
- Dell Inspiron i7559-7512GRY. Another from the list is Dell Inspiron i7559-7512GRY. This can be perfect for you if you do not play and you are not looking for a high-end video card. It can be for office works that require multitasking. The most commendable feature of this model is its battery life. It can last for 6.5 hours. Lastly, it has the IPS touchscreen which can manage 4K resolutions. This is why its brightness and contrast are far beyond the usual one you see on regular laptops.
- HP Pavilion 15.6. The HP Pavilion 15.6 is one of the most affordable choice for 6th generation Skylake Intel Core i7-6700HQ processor. This may work for you if you want a high performing laptop, without sophisticated graphics. Its performance becomes possible thanks to its quad core CPU that can handle 3.5GHz. Judging from these specs, gaming aficionados may go scout for other brand because this is not for them.
There are plenty of ways to save on your purchases online. Most online UK shops such as Amazon, Argos, Currys PC, Ebuyer, and HP Store have regular sales, seasonal clearance, and flash sales where you can get up to 40% off on a wide array of i7 deals. There are even retailers that have 3 for 2 and 2 for 1 offers on select items.
Also, the best time to get huge savings is during Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Boxing Day where an extensive selection of products like cheap i7, i7 processor, and the best i7 laptop from your favourite UK retailers are reduced to clear.
Knowing when and where to look for the lowest possible price on laptop i7 16gb ram ssd , i7 laptop deals under 500, and i7 14 inch laptop is the key here. Fortunately, you don't have to spend hours online searching for special offers, bargain deals, and price drops on i7 laptop refurbished, i7 gaming laptop, and Lenovo ideapad 510.
Our massive community of bargain hunters regularly share verified discounts, promos, and voucher codes from John Lewis, LaptopsDirect, Overclockers, Tesco, Very, and from other reputable shops across the country. We also have a team of money-saving experts who always share essential tips and tricks on how you can get every day low prices on Lenovo v110 laptop, i7 gaming laptop, and best budget laptop under 500 when shopping both online and instore.
Getting additional money off with the help of Latest Deals is easy. You can maximise your savings by simply using the latest i7 discount code , and i7 laptop deals UK of your choice upon check out. There are also voucher codes that can provide you with free shipping and gifts.
The special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so once you spot a deal you love, grab it right away. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic offers and amazing savings everytime you shop!