Appliances make our lives easier -from home appliances that could perform easy cooking, fast food preparation and efficient cleaning to consumer electronic devices that are intended for domestic use (e.g. TVs, video games, DVD players etc.). No wonder UK almost automatically got addicted to appliances. We just can’t resist to turn the switches on to get our chores or a task done ASAP.
Whether you’re looking for a trusty kettle to complete your everyday tea fix or a durable washing machine to do all of your dirty laundry, we got you covered. We have the latest voucher codes, discount codes & coupons from various UK retailers such as Currys, Argos, Appliances Direct & Amazon for whatever type of appliance you’re down for. Don’t miss out on shopping tips and tricks from our savvy money-saving experts that can give you massive savings on your next appliance haul. Here at Latest Deals, our community of bargain hunters are regularly posting verified deals for our members to take advantage of.If appliances were made to make our tasks easier, Latest Deals is here to make your quest in finding budget-friendly appliances easier.
Three Classifications of Appliances:
A single category can never be enough for how wide the scope of Home Appliances is. There are three categories actually:
- First off is the white goods, or major appliances as most describe it. This type of appliances are often large. They keep up with our routing housekeeping tasks such as washing the laundry, cooking, or food preservation.
- Second is the small appliances. They are typically semi-portable, if not portable devices that are often placed on counter tops or flat platforms. These small but useful machines help us accomplish household tasks and more. Examples of which are microwaves, coffee makers, humidifiers, and kettles.
- Last but definitely not the least; we have consumer electronics (or brown goods as we know it). This category is composed of devices that are usually used for entertainment and leisure –this includes home-office activities and communications. DVD players, TVs, mobile phones, laptops, desktops, printers, and the list goes on. These are examples of devices that helped us with other important aspects of life aside from having the housekeeping tasks done (major appliances covered this aspect pretty well).
We all know how exciting it is to go shopping for appliances. Come to think of it, these items will be the backbone of your home’s functionality. Therefore, it is ideal to look for the ones that will surely meet your needs as well as your standards. Take note of these tips as this can help you select the most suitable appliance for your home:
- Take note of the measurements. Before you decide to get that fridge or any other appliance, make sure that it properly fits the area. It can possibly look awkward in a semi-empty space if the appliance is too small, and worse, if it’s too large that it cannot even pass the doorway. Measure your area’s width, length and depth, and check if it has just the right space for your targeted appliance.
- Ask around! Get real feedback from real people. You might know a few friends or colleagues who possibly owns the appliance you have in mind. If they do not own one, they probably know someone who does. Compare various brands by also checking the reviews posted by verified customers online.
- Know the features you need. Try to focus on the basic features that you need instead of getting distracted with other appealing designs that you do not even need in the first place. Choose the appliances that can be used as often as possible and those that really match your lifestyle.
- Compare EVERYTHING. Your assignment in comparing does not end with the brands and models of the appliances; you also have to consider where you buy them. The price is always a big factor. So before you decide on purchasing a certain appliance, look for the retailer you can get it at its cheapest. You can find plenty of amazing deals on appliances here in Latest Deals. You can just browse through our pages and tick this off your list.
- Go with the energy efficient appliances. If you’re concerned of the long term savings, then it’s okay to spend a couple of pounds more for energy efficient devices. And hey, the environment will thank you for that decision.
- Do you know how to operate it? If not, you can pick up the appliance’s manual and be guided with directions on operation and other special instructions. If you know that it’s too complicated for you, you can always look for another model. At least, you won’t get to waste your money on something that’s too intricate to function.
- Do you need extras? Check first if the device or machine requires other special add ons. If they do, you can factor those in to your total costing – and go from there.
- Prepare for repairs. As much as we would like to operate a certain appliance smoothly, there are times that it has its own hiccups. Always be prepared to contact a trusted repairman in cases you need help or better yet, learn the basic troubleshooting steps or workarounds of your appliances.
Must-have kitchen appliances
Best Budget Kitchen Appliance
Weighing in the features and functionalities of appliances together with their respective price tag is a must. Here are some of the cheapest yet very useful appliances that you might want to add to your kitchen.
- Breville VKJ956 Impressions Kettle. This efficient kettle has a capacity of 1.7 L and it features a window that allows water filling to be much easier and accurate. It has a ribbed texture design and a rear water window that illuminates when the content comes to a boil. Those additional cons can surely catch your attention. Breville VKJ956 Impressions Kettle is a great deal for a kettle below £30.
- Aicok Juicer. This specific whole fruit juicer helps you extract more juice, vitamins and minerals than others. It sure is multipurpose and can be used for both soft and hard fruits. The set comes with a juice jug and a cleaning brush to complete your overall juicing experience. Settling below £40, this is such an awesome find.
- Russell Hobbs Solo Microwave RHM1714B. The futuristic design of this certain model sure is attractive. Alongside with its sleek appearance, this microwave also can prepare quick meals conveniently. The RHM1714B from Russell Hobbs is programmed with automatic cooking menus that can help you bring your dream entry or meal to reality with just a push of a button.
- Aicok Mini Chopper. Whether you need to mix, grind or chop different ingredients, this multifunctional food chopper is the appliance to have! This food processor is powerful and is super easy to use at the same time.
Where Can I Find the Best Cheap Appliances in the UK?
This is probably one of the most important information you need to know in purchasing your next appliances. Where to get the appliances at its cheapest can surely make your bank account and wallet feel good. Here are a few of the major UK retailers that offer various appliances at amazingly low prices:
- Currys PC World. From cookers and fridge freezers to washing machines and any other kitchen appliances, UK’s biggest electrical retailer provides you with amazing offers. They also hold clearance sales for all types of appliances including laptops, desktops and printers. You can also get over £400 savings of Samsung’s latest smart TVs on Currys Clearance and more.
- Appliances Direct. Save up to 50% on refrigeration deals, up to £100 savings in dishwasher offers and up to 70% on small appliances from popular brands such as Robot, Electriq, Bosch and Delonghi. Appliances Direct UK also offers ‘buy today, pay later’ to make your appliance shopping easier for you. Check out their wide range of kitchen and household appliances & other amazing offers.
- Argos. Argos always features their lowest prices available on their Appliances selections. You can get quality fridges for as low as £79.99. Argos often holds seasonal sales where you can surely save a couple of pounds off your appliance purchase from various brands such as Samsung, Hotpoint, Rangemaster, Bush & Beko. Get free £10 voucher when you spends £100 or £5 voucher when you spend £50 on Argos Appliances.
- AO. Here, you can find Best Buy Appliances that have the best value on Home and Kitchen Appliances. AO offers up to £100 in cashback or gift card, over £70 money off on large kitchen appliances, 15% off on select printers, and more. Find cheap appliances online at AO.