Dress Up Uniquely
The origin of this practice can be drawn back in the 18th century period. It used to focus on masked balls during those times. In the 1850, fancy dress balls became a trend. It was a major part of music festivals, or social life in general. During these times, the typical attires are for historical characters. Regional clothing and abstract concepts were also popularised.
In the 20th century, costumes continued to rise in the UK. However, there was a slight change to its use. People from that time hire or construct their own dress. Purchasing was not yet popular. This just became a modern phenomenon eventually. It was also the period when accessories came to be. Today, fancy dress parties are famous in the country all year round. They are also featured in films or movies most of the time.
How to Get Cheap Fancy Dress Deals in the UK
From a jelly bean bag, traffic signal, princess of jungle, hot air balloon, cotton candy to a Barbie doll - you will find a ton of best fancy dress theme costumes and cheap fancy dress ideas here at Latest Deals. Get bargain deals on cheap fancy dress mens, fancy dress womens, fancy dress for girl, and fancy dress for boy. You don’t have to compromise your budget with quality cheap fancy dress costumes under £15 you can find here.
Our community of bargain hunters are always on the lookout to find the best cheap fancy dress costumes sale, special offers, discounts, and price drops from major UK retailers including Boots Paco Rabanne deals. We also have a team of money-saving experts who regularly share essential tips and tricks that will be able to help you save on your instore and online shopping.
Most online UK retailers have sale events, seasonal clearances, and flash sales where you can get up to 50% off on a wide array of fancy dress UK. Watch out for their Black Friday and Boxing Day deals where their prices are reduced even further. If you want to maximise your savings, make sure to use the latest fancy dress discount codes we have here. We also have fancy dress voucher codes where you can get freebies or free shipping.
Do you want to get affordable fancy dress and accessories? Here are some of the retailers you can check.
The deals and special offers we have here are available for a limited time only, so make sure to take advantage of them right away before they expire. Do not forget to bookmark this page and never miss out on fantastic discounts, amazing savings, and everyday low prices from your favourite online UK shops!
British Costume Fancy Dress Party ideas
Best Fancy Dress Ideas for Kids
Fancy dresses are exciting most especially for kids. Children can be who they want to be - an animal, a fruit or a cartoon character. Schools are expected to host parties for this once in a while to amuse the developing minds. Here’s some of the best fancy dress ideas for your little ones:
- Jelly Bean Bag. You can find this from the market or this can be a DIY project as well. In this kind of costume, you will have to pretend to be a big jelly bean bag with various colours of balloons kept inside you. In order to achieve this, you have to be in a plastic. Just cut leg holes and arm holes from the plastic bag so that you or your child can step in it. You can finish this with a ribbon in your neck.
- Traffic Signal. This should not be hard to do. You only have to take a chart paper and a color. Afterward, make it black. You can cut it to a long rectangle which may fit a child vertically. When done, cut three big circles and then colour them with the basic colours as red, green and orange. These are to be pasted on the rectangle. In order for this to be more effective, wear full sleeve black shirt then attach or paste the rectangle on your shirt.
- Hot Air Balloon. To be a hot air balloon will excite most kids. If you cannot see a design like this, you can do it by yourself. Just start with any big size balloon. A soft wooden basket is also necessary. So the idea is to make a onesie out of these. If you have a onesie, you can dress your kid that. Just ensure to blow up the balloon and then afterward, attach strings to it. The basket will be worn like pants wherein four strings are going to be attached. If you can stuff in some fabric, that would help a lot.
- Cotton Candy. Just imagine how cute this is going to be. To make this, you can have a big sized plastic bag with pink coloured cottons on it. For the legs, you may have to cut two holes. The same is also true for the arms which will all be in the bag. Before you stuff cotton though, make sure that you let the kid wear a plastic bag around the neck loosely. This is how you prepare your cotton candy!
- Barbie Doll. This is an all-time favourite for kids! Since Barbie is well-liked and received by many people, you can never go wrong with this. To dress up like one is also not a struggle provided that you have a golden wig, a pair of multicoloured tights in knee length, and a plain top with you. If you have a hair band or a rubber band tied around the hair, that will also seal the deal!
- Alice in Wonderland. There are obvious characters you can channel here such as the Queen of Hearts, Alice and the Mad Hatter. Aside from these, there are also the Tweedledee and Tweedledum who are rarely reference. Think about the white rabbit too and add that to your choices.
- Ancient Party. From Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, Ancient Egypt, Cavewomen to Cavemen - there are tons of choices to pick from. We do not see these people anymore so having them in the party can be a way to relive them even from time to time.
- Animal. You will surely not run of selections if you stick to an animal theme. You can be a chicken, bunny or even a hug and that may still be cute. There really is no pressure in here. Even 2 man cow costumes look cute these days. They can be awesome so try them on too!
- Beach Party. In here, shirts and shorts are required, most especially Hawaiian-inspired. Lurk upon stores and you might see grass skirts and they can look okay too. They would fit girls. If you want to make someone’s day? Wear a coconut bikini. This always works!
- Black & White. If you are up for a classy option, this may be the elegant answer to it. It only has to be black and white. Be a mime character or a zebra. Any of these is going to be acceptable for it follows the theme.