Retro style is a very popular these days. It is either old-fashioned or nostalgic fashion. Keep in mind that in order for something to be called retro, it should not be less than twenty years old. However, something does not necessarily have to be old in order to be called retro, it can also be any new thing that has a touch of the past or anything that showcases characteristics of the recent years.
In the past decade, we’ve seen the rise of retro style featured in numerous blogs, from fashion to kitchen gadgets and furniture. Modern retro is a throwback style that gives a hint of 70s, 80s and 90s feel and design patterns. It gives out a sense of nostalgia which provides some sort of connection between you and the design. Modern retro style is fun and has this easy and feel light characteristics.
How to give your space a touch of modern retro:
- Tech theme - Computers that are old-school will be a great addition.
- Music theme - Boomboxes, turntables or tapes are the perfect finishing touches.
- If you want to mirror old video games, illustrations that are pixel-based will work well.
- Flat design or elements from icons to lines and shapes.
- Brightly coloured squiggles and line art.
- Anything with neon style and colours.
- Thickly stroked geometric shapes.
- Abstract illustrations which are clean and featuring people (not faces).
Where Can I Find Cheap Retro Deals in the UK?
Retro items, Amazon
If you’re planning to spruce up your space or you simply want to collect retro style items but on a tight budget, you’ve come to the right place. You will find plenty of cheap retro deals here at Latest deals, including retro items from the 70s, retro decor accessories, retro gifts for him and her as well as funky retro home accessories.
Our team of bargain hunters and money saving experts are always looking out for the best sale, special offers, voucher codes and clearance sale on retro-inspired items in the UK. Take advantage of huge discounts from UK retailers such as B&M, Aldi, Amazon, eBay, AO and Currys PC World.Retro home accessories offers, B&M
- AO. You can find a collection of retro style kitchen appliances at AO such as ovens, blenders, mixers, toasters, fridges and more. The retailer also offers finance options on all orders £249, including Buy Now, Pay Later.
- B&M. From classic retro AM/FM radio and retro phones to retro home accessories, storage, bedding and lighting, B&M has everything you need to get that retro vibe going in your home. You can even save as much as 50% of on selected retro gifts and items on sale.
- Aldi. Aldi has launched a vintage homeware and retro kitchenware range which includes fridges, microwaves and other home furnishings. Their cheap retro items starts at just under £5 and most of the items are a lot cheaper compared to other UK retailers both in store and online.
Retro fashion offers, ASOS
With retro becoming modern again, we are seeing famous celebrities channeling the style and we’re definitely loving it. To satisfy the fashionista in you, here are some of the best UK retailers to buy cheap retro fashion where you can find retro clothing and accessories for men, women and kids. They have everything from 1970s cheap shirts and dresses to 1980s tops, tees, jackets, coats and more.
Best retro gifts for gamers
Retro Vs Vintage
Vintage and retro are two different styles. Vintage refers to a style echoing the period between 1920s and 1980s. Most vintage style has evolved over the years. Clothing is considered vintage if the materials and patterns used are 20 to 75 years old and it is typically classy and formal. When it comes to design and inspiration, vintage is seen as authentic and original.
Retro on the other hand is one of the most common term associated with vintage.It is a design or style referring to trends of the past, specifically vintage style that’s between 1960 to 1990. It is also referred to as vintage look or vintage-inspired. What differentiates retro from vintage are materials and appearances. Retro style is more polished and updated and features contemporary and new materials. It is mostly reproduced, imitated or borrowed designs.